Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$108,000.00 2012 LS Boss Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 10:05 AM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by daredevil95
What does a 108K get you:

GTR with change
ZR1 Corvette
911 Carrera S
Super Snake with change
Viper
M5 BMW

The LS is nice but, does it compete at that price point? or how many decades will it take as an investment to recoup that money?
I dont think it competes, and there is no monetary or investment value but rather sentimental value.

If I had that much dough, I would get a super car like a Skyline GTR or something and take it to the track.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:27 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

The price says a lot about the dealer IMHO on cars like this. the douchy dealers that only want a buck put big markups on them. the ones that know they could mark them up and probably sell them eventually, but still let them go at sticker care more for their customers than making a quick buck. that is a big deal for someone like me that has a car for a year or two and then upgrades. overpaying once would ensure that i didn't come back next time.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:37 AM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
The price says a lot about the dealer IMHO on cars like this. the douchy dealers that only want a buck put big markups on them. the ones that know they could mark them up and probably sell them eventually, but still let them go at sticker care more for their customers than making a quick buck. that is a big deal for someone like me that has a car for a year or two and then upgrades. overpaying once would ensure that i didn't come back next time.
thats whats weird tho. whenever i walk around and look at the shelbys and stuff when i have my car their, theyre not marked up more than any other dealer. its strange
Old 04-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
That is what Charles Ponzi said, except after his trip to the bank, he made another trip: to the pen!
Yeah, except that ponzi schemes are illegal. Overcharging for a car isn't. Like I said, if someone is dumb enough to pay it...

Has anyone considered this: That's just the buy it now price. The reserve is likely much lower. Whoever created the auction probably just threw in a high buy it now price on the off chance that some jackass would actually pay it. Ultimately, the market dictates what the car is worth, not the MSRP.
Old 04-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
the douchy dealers that only want a buck.
If only wanting to make a buck makes a dealer douchy, then every dealer in America is douchy by definition. It would be bad business practice NOT to be douchy if that's the case. Seriously, why do you think dealers exist? To put sunshine and happiness in the hearts of people who buy cars from them?
Old 04-01-2011, 01:30 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Diabolical!
Yeah, except that ponzi schemes are illegal. Overcharging for a car isn't. Like I said, if someone is dumb enough to pay it...

Has anyone considered this: That's just the buy it now price. The reserve is likely much lower. Whoever created the auction probably just threw in a high buy it now price on the off chance that some jackass would actually pay it. Ultimately, the market dictates what the car is worth, not the MSRP.
thats what i was thinking was happening
Originally Posted by Diabolical!
If only wanting to make a buck makes a dealer douchy, then every dealer in America is douchy by definition. It would be bad business practice NOT to be douchy if that's the case. Seriously, why do you think dealers exist? To put sunshine and happiness in the hearts of people who buy cars from them?
lmao
Old 04-01-2011, 01:43 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Yeah I don't see all of the hate going on here...the buy it now is clearly high and bids are where they want the attention. Not to mention that if you don't want it, don't buy it the dealership isn't forcing anybody to make a stupid decision, if they do it on their own, then awesome for them for having so damn much money lol.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Eldo In The Weeds

The dealer put a huge price on it so that people in car forums all over the internet would be talking about it. It's cheap and effective advertising.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:42 PM
daredevil95
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Yeah I don't see all of the hate going on here...the buy it now is clearly high and bids are where they want the attention. Not to mention that if you don't want it, don't buy it the dealership isn't forcing anybody to make a stupid decision, if they do it on their own, then awesome for them for having so damn much money lol.
I agree....figured we would get a lot of speculation as to why it's listed so high. I figured it made the 70K cars look like a good deal....all though, not to any of us.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:17 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

If I had a million dollars....
I would buy a Boss LS, but sure as hell not for this Buy-It-Now price. Sure I would bid, but maybe at MSRP at most. Someone else outbid me? Oh well, I just take the moolah and scoot my *** over to the dealer to place an order for a Q4 build!

Actually, the vast majority of rich people are rather cheap-*** folks; they skip and save like fiends; that is why they are rich to begin with. Only the massively and excessively rich throw money around like it is nothing.
Maybe Micheal Dell or Bill Gates or Phil Knight would buy this one for $200K as a philanthropic move for whatever charity this car is being sold to raise money for.

Quick Reply: $108,000.00 2012 LS Boss Mustang