Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to conceal sig in my '10

Old 04-09-2011, 10:12 AM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tigercrazy718
Well I survived lol the guy was a lawyer so no problems there. I need to turn 21 already so I can get my license
Ha ha, "whew"

Yeah turn 21 and get your concealed. In Florida you can do everything electronically now as far as the prints and sending everything in to the state. That makes the turnaround time much faster than if you just send in paperwork. Texas may have the same thing.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:19 AM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Orion_240
And believe it or not, open carry (not concealed) is legal in Calif, though we can't have any ammo in the gun, and it has to be separately holstered.
I remember being shocked when I found out about that a little while ago. Never thought anti-gun California would allow open carry. Florida has more concealed licences out there than any other state but we don't even have open carry yet. I did here that it passed the first stage of going to a vote though, that's cool.

Kinda funny, when I read about California open carry they nicknamed it the "Barney Fife" law since the ammo had to be separate, ha ha.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:54 PM
MeanStang08
ChopShop Mod-tator

Originally Posted by tigercrazy718
Well I survived lol the guy was a lawyer so no problems there. I need to turn 21 already so I can get my license
pfft... biggest criminal there is.. lol
Old 04-09-2011, 04:03 PM
wanakanabe
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Orion_240
open carry (not concealed) is legal in Calif, though we can't have any ammo in the gun, and it has to be separately holstered.
What's the point then? Lol someone pulls a gun or knife and you what,"Hold On Hold On,I Gotta Load My Weapon!"Oh wait your dead and they steal your unloaded weapon...
That's just plain silly
Old 04-09-2011, 10:31 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wanakanabe
What's the point then? Lol someone pulls a gun or knife and you what,"Hold On Hold On,I Gotta Load My Weapon!"Oh wait your dead and they steal your unloaded weapon...
That's just plain silly
You - "Well officer, he pulled that knife from about 15 feet away and started walking towards me. This allowed me enough time to put the magazine in my pistol, pull the slide back and chamber a round, then warn him to stop before he came any closer. Why yes, the magazine was in my pocket on the other side of my body from where I open carry my firearm."

Officer - "This convenience store video shows you pulling your sidearm, saying something, then firing 12 rounds at the knife wielding assailent. I dont see where you pulled the magazine from your pocket and rammed it home into the pistol."

You - "It's amazing how fast I am when the adrenalin is running. I obviously loaded between frames on the camera's video loop."

Officer - "Obviously. Well, thanks for taking this scumbag off the street. Have a nice day! Oh - don't forget your pistol!"
Old 04-16-2011, 06:27 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

lol, it is silly but a guy would have to be pretty dumb to come at you with a knife when you have a gun on your side Either way it's just something you train for, I've seen guys who can draw and load a mag faster than I can draw!