Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOWERING= VOIDED Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

if it's a TSB then it's a known issue not caused by the springs. Likely they couldn't hear the sound, they figure you are whiney little girl about noises in your car so they dont want to deal with it. Mustangs make noises, these aren't $90,000 luxury vehicles. it could be an electric power steering issue or all sorts of things. if it doesn't change performance i dont worry about noises. did you check your wheel wells? make sure nothing is in there that your tires might be rubbing against? thats probably what the dealership did, looked at it said everything looks good.. if you can re-create the sound for them they might see it only occurs under certain conditions and then have an idea.

Last edited by Mishri; 04-06-2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:50 AM
TEXASGT/CS
3rd Gear Member

Find a new dealership, I would take it to another mechanic (not ford service) and see what they told you. If they say it is a factory defect in the part then i would either let them fix it and file a claim with ford or take there estimate back to the ford dealership and show them what the mechanic came up with. in all reality you are probably not going to get your problem solved by this dealership without paying out of your pocket. It sucks.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:51 AM
corpsewheelie

when issues like this happen with any car that has a warranty that i own and have modified, i am a firm believer in keeping my stock parts and putting them back on before i take it to the dealer, that way they cant blame you on a modified part to the OP if you are able to and have the know how, replace the stock springs and then take it to another dealer to replace the part, then put your lowering springs back on. I know this is a lot of work but it could be worthwhile in the end
Old 04-06-2011, 11:39 AM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

One of the issues with replacing the after market with the stock now is the first dealer may have put that info in the records for the car. If that happened, any dealer that pulls up the info will see it had the lowering springs and was refused warranty. Computers suck at times.....
Old 04-06-2011, 12:25 PM
corpsewheelie

ouch i didnt know that, thank god i always have done that before taking any of my cars to the dealer
Old 04-06-2011, 12:33 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

People can refer to all the acts they want to but, bottom line is, if you lowered your car and you have a suspension issue, most dealerships are not going to cover it. Yes, the law says they have to prove that the aftermarket parts caused the issue, but how do you define proof? Some would say that the proof is in the fact that you are having issues AND you have lowering springs...
Old 04-06-2011, 07:22 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by chain1
People can refer to all the acts they want to but, bottom line is, if you lowered your car and you have a suspension issue, most dealerships are not going to cover it. Yes, the law says they have to prove that the aftermarket parts caused the issue, but how do you define proof? Some would say that the proof is in the fact that you are having issues AND you have lowering springs...
I would have them show me exactly where. Oh wait.. they don't know.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Sterling5.0

It seems that small town dealerships or dealerships that are in financial trouble or more likely to do these types of things. They would do anything to screw you out of money. A Holes
Old 04-06-2011, 09:19 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
Actually, you do not have to go to another dealership. You have the right to call in the manager of the service dept and demand that he PROVE that the aftermarket part caused the problem. The tech dude simply saying "the ride angle caused the excessive vibration" or whatever bull S*** is only a guess, a speculation without proof. You have the right to challenge that assumption and make them back up their assumption with proof the aftermarket part is at fault.

If that does not work and the dealership still is giving you S***, your next step is to call corporate Ford customer relations and file a complaint against the dealership for not even taking proper steps to prove the aftermarket part is at fault. And if that does not work, your next step is to file a complaint with the BBB.

Dealerships make up bogus S*** reasons to deny warranty service all the time just at the sight of an aftermarket part without any proof. It is up to us, the customers to not bend over and take it, and it is up to us, the customers, to FORCE them to present proper proof of why a warranty work is denied.
If more or us stood up to the dealership bull S*** of making false warranty denials, they would stop doing it.
Theoretically you're rite, and I went through this once (not Ford). First u get told what I just mentioned. Next the manager tells u that what he is saying IS the proof because he knows what he is talking about. Are u gonna put a gun to his head? HOW do you suppose you're going to FORCE someone to do something? Doesn't the word "force" sound a little wrong from a legal point of view to u? But nevermind that-- after being told off by the manager I called the corporate and the only refund I got from them was rent a car reimbursement. BBB complaint? BIG FAT LOL @ THAT. I filed one-- never heard from them again. What do u recommend after? Court case? I wish we all had time for that!
Old 04-07-2011, 01:27 AM
wanakanabe
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by olvanish
Theoretically you're rite, and I went through this once (not Ford). First u get told what I just mentioned. Next the manager tells u that what he is saying IS the proof because he knows what he is talking about. Are u gonna put a gun to his head? HOW do you suppose you're going to FORCE someone to do something? Doesn't the word "force" sound a little wrong from a legal point of view to u? But nevermind that-- after being told off by the manager I called the corporate and the only refund I got from them was rent a car reimbursement. BBB complaint? BIG FAT LOL @ THAT. I filed one-- never heard from them again. What do u recommend after? Court case? I wish we all had time for that!
After that or probably before,i would send a letter to the State Attorney Generals office.I have done this 2 times in my life and it really lit a fire both times.
The first time was against an insurance company that wanted to replace only %25 of my aluminum siding from hale damage.There was no way they could match color.Insurance refused to pay.Letter to SAG,2 weeks i had a check in my hand for the whole job.
Last time was some bogus heating and air cond company,that totally borked my furnace.Got an apology and a whole new furnace.

Quick Reply: LOWERING= VOIDED Warranty?