Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LOWERING= VOIDED Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by olvanish
I expected a bunch of ppl to give u links and interpretations of Magnusson Act or whatever it's called and I'm surprised to only see 1 link related to that lol I checked with the dealer when I installed FRPP handling pack-- not because I had a problem, but because I wanted to find out what happens if I do have one-- and what they told me is pretty much that it varies from dealer to dealer. If your transmission is going out, they can always blame it on "excessive vibration" due to stiffer springs if they want to be a-holes about it. Just like they can find a way to relate change in pinion angle caused by lowering to a rear end issue. Are FRPP springs OEM design? No they are not because compression ratios of lbs/in are not the same as stock ones. Just because they fit it doesn't mean they are OEM design because specs are a part of "design". And yes, if they want to they will refer to FRPP parts as "aftermarket" because they alsmost see it as a completely different company not related to them. Most ppl will say that what I said is a bunch of BS, but when you run into a dealership that wants to mess with you (and I'm not saying all of them are like that) this is exactly what you're going to hear and you can try to prove the opposite to them for as long as you want to but the bottom line is either nothing is going to get done or you will have a nice bill to take care of I say just try another dealership if anything
You need to see if the dealership is an authorized FRPP installation center first before you take it to them for an FRPP item or related item. Those that are not authorized or don't do much FRPP installs view anything dealing with those parts as a PITA and will typically refuse it.

Anyways, lowersprings can cause premature wear, PERIOD. You canged the suspension geometry in doing so. This forces the LCA to work outside of it's operating limits in some cases which will cause premature wear.

Find another dealership don't mention the other place and see what they say.

P.S. yes they CAN void the warranty on specific parts. IF a part fails because of a non oem modification then that failed part is no longer covered by the warranty for that part... That is a voided warranty. Slice it anyway you want.

p.p.s FRPP carries a one-year warranty/12K mile warranty on all of their parts.