Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudmouths: Are they really that loud?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 02:14 PM
vic21234

Default Loudmouths: Are they really that loud?

Hello everyone,

Recently bid on a set of SLP Power-Flo's on ebay that were used only for a photo/video shoot for a website. I won, and when I received them, I noticed that the seller incorrectly labeled them Power-Flo's, as I had actually been sent Loudmouths. I contacted the seller and they worked it out with a nice dicount, so I decided to keep the Loudmouths. However, now I am second guessing whether or not I want them on a daily driver. Can anybody with Loudmouths share their experience? My exhaust set-up would be stock other than the new axlebacks. I live in an apartment community also, so I worry about noise complaints. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:19 PM
BigPapi825

No worries man. My friend has a pair of Loudmouths and the sound will blow you away. It has a nice deep muscle car rumble at idle and really comes to life when u step on the throttle. You will not be dissappointed at all.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:20 PM
2005WBvert

I have them on my stock 2005. on a cold start they are pretty loud and getting on it they are too. At cruising speeds in my vert i can still have a conversation. I'm happy with them. I have heard a lot of other stangs louder than mine. I get compliments here and there from them. I'm sure they will get much louder if you change up other exhaust components
Old 04-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Grinder88
2nd Gear Member

^ yeah what they said, its only really loud when you get on it, at a warm idle its just a nice rumble, In fact im thinking about getting some headers or some other exhaust component to try and get it a little louder
Old 04-12-2011, 04:30 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Loudmouths aren't "loud or obnoxiously loud" if you have stock exhaust, though they make a nice deep muscle rumble.

Tends to drone a little at highway speeds. Can gurgle like a crazy murloc on cold mornings. Overall I like them for what they are.

I wasn't into changing my whole exhaust at the time and the loudmouths got the job done. The stock mufflers were a witch to remove.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:17 PM
chrismakk69
1st Gear Member

I've got them on my vert. A little bit of drone but they aren't that loud - it's roars on a cold start, it's ok at highway speed.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:23 PM
07gtdude
2nd Gear Member

Mine are really loud on cold days when I start it up. Other than my bosses at work hating on the sound I get compliments all the time. Its how a muscle car is supposed to sound.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:26 PM
SpeedDemon1992

Originally Posted by alkemist
Loudmouths aren't "loud or obnoxiously loud" if you have stock exhaust, though they make a nice deep muscle rumble.

Tends to drone a little at highway speeds. Can gurgle like a crazy murloc on cold mornings. Overall I like them for what they are.

I wasn't into changing my whole exhaust at the time and the loudmouths got the job done. The stock mufflers were a witch to remove.
Murloc?
Old 04-12-2011, 06:47 PM
MustangFTW

Murlocans la saga Warcraft, développée par Blizzard, les murlocs constituent un ensemble de créatures importantes.

you got that?

jk, its a thing in World of warcraft apparently

Old 04-12-2011, 07:07 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpeedDemon1992
Murloc?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=murloc

Or you can compare the gurgling to the sound of a tugboat.

Quick Reply: Loudmouths: Are they really that loud?