Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about Stock "GT" Fender Emblem

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 10:51 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sound wave
bigdintexas, that is my car onderful100 posted. the back of the emblem is hollow. it has two pins that will not line up. what i did was cut off the posts with a dremel and then poured in epoxy until it was almost flush to the top of the emblem. after it hardened, i used 3m double tape. love the look of it. i was going for the classic look as well. good luck.

oh, btw, the 65-66 center caps will fit as well, as long as they are scott drake.
This is the first retro-mod I've seen that I like. Great job!
Old 05-09-2011, 02:50 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sound wave
bigdintexas, i had the exact same rear chrome medallion from SHR with that GT emblem. my emblem corroded and the chrome medallion started to pit. i am now running a satin ring with the black door. also, the running pony emblem instead. how is yours holding up?
Sound Wave... Sorry I missed your question... As far as my trunk bling is concerned, I actually made that myself. I purchased the plain polished billet flip down faux gas cap from UPR and took a 1968 Gas Cap emblem I found on eBay... I used a cut off wheel to cut the posts off the emblem and then used Permatex Clear Silicone adhesive to affix the emblem onto the door. I use Mothers Billet polish to keep it looking good (when I have time). So far no problems. There's no rust I can see and the emblemn has held up for a year so far.

Thanks again for the help.

Don