Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RPI Designs - NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 10:24 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

From all the trouble You described, it sounds like they bought cheap *** parts from china (The poor molding job and possibly the poor paint prep job too) and sold the crappy Chinese part to you at an inflated price. That unfortunately are what many of the internet *** hat no name stores do. And cutting corners by not giving a written itemized confirmation? Again the MO of an importer of sorry Chinese crap to dump on us Americans.

If these parts were made in America and painted by Americans, then I am absolutely ashamed of them for soiling the made in USA label. Those asshats should be exported to china since they are practicing Chinese corrupt business.

If these parts were made
Old 04-30-2011, 10:34 PM
smokestang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by legendlime05
wheres a rpi rep on this? would like to hear from them. this is a shame.
Theyre probably too busy attending car shows promoting their products that they cant deliver on or do right (that was always the excuse i got when i couldnt get a hold of them)
Old 05-01-2011, 12:35 PM
GstangT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
From all the trouble You described, it sounds like they bought cheap *** parts from china (The poor molding job and possibly the poor paint prep job too) and sold the crappy Chinese part to you at an inflated price. That unfortunately are what many of the internet *** hat no name stores do. And cutting corners by not giving a written itemized confirmation? Again the MO of an importer of sorry Chinese crap to dump on us Americans.

If these parts were made in America and painted by Americans, then I am absolutely ashamed of them for soiling the made in USA label. Those asshats should be exported to china since they are practicing Chinese corrupt business.

If these parts were made

Maybe, but maybe not? Majority of our everyday materials do come from China, but that doesn't necessarily make them all cheap.

RPI does sound like they are cutting corners (probably due to the pressure of our sh*tty US economy??), but come on now.. sounds like someone has a lot of hate bottled inside. These guys are in Ohio by the way.. MAYBE they hired Chinese workers to paint their products, or MAYBE the owner is Chinese......

For the OP, thanks for the heads up, I'm sure the mustang community appreciates it. I would absolutely hate to go through what you did. I hope everything works out.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:02 PM
RPI Designs
Former Sponsor

Hello, if you guys have any problems, please give us a call and we'll correct it. It seems anyone that has ever had a single issue comes out of the wood work. After over 2300 + Mustang orders filled in the past 3 years, I see we've had a few issues. We try to fix every problem we can. In the original poster. We did say we'll repair it, but she didn't want that.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:05 PM
RPI Designs
Former Sponsor

If these parts were made
These are made in OHIO and painted in OHIO. Not chinese parts.

Please see our original post to the reply.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:24 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RPI Designs
These are made in OHIO and painted in OHIO. Not chinese parts.

Please see our original post to the reply.
Your first post, post #24, said nothing about Ohio. And never did you mention you addressed the part about not giving the customer an itemized confirmation of receipt.

Also, I quote a very important line in my first post in this thread:

...If these parts were made in America and painted by Americans, then I am absolutely ashamed of them for soiling the made in USA label...
My words are very strong, but I stand behind this sentence.
Get with the program; we are losing jobs left and right to China, and to have our Made in the USA labels tarnished in any way is simply inexcusable.
We, and especially you, who sells Made in the USA parts and products have to do our best to give the best product possible. Quality is our advantage since we cannot compete price wise. Worse, lets say that China disappears altogether. There is still India and many other countries for our jobs and manufacturing to hemorrhage away from us to.

We have to do our best to keep our jobs and labor and manufacturing in the US.
On a positive note, that I applaud you for, and damn proudly.

I am glad to hear that people in OHIO HAVE A JOB, but since Chinese slave wage labor is sapping all manufacturing and jobs away from us, we have to step up!

Granted, the OP's accounts are only one instance, but do listen to the other posters who say they have had problems too and find out if their words have any truth. And fix any found issues, do not sweep them under the rug.

To move in a positive direction in my posts to you, again, I proudly praise you for keeping these parts manufacturing and thus labor jobs, in the US instead of outsourcing to China or anywhere else.
And due to this simple fact alone, I am willing to buy your products despite the claims in this thread.
Just improve the paint process and quality of paint and also the product.
Build up the Made in the USA label and continue to help keep good paying jobs and benefits in the US while staving off wage/benefits depression and job loss.

Last edited by JIM5.0; 05-01-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:44 PM
GstangT
3rd Gear Member

I really don't want to respond to this thread since I can't contribute to the OP.. but Jim, you have to see it's a much bigger issue than just "outsourcing" to other countries. Can you imagine what our economy would be like if the United States wasn't at war with all these different countries around the world? And who chooses to outsource? Yes, it's the US corporations.

These DECISIONS from our fellow AMERICANS is what directly affects us as citizens. Point is, it's a MUCH bigger problem than pointing the finger at one person (or country, or problem), and saying it's them.

And there are cheap products and corrupt businesses EVERYWHERE, even the good ol' United States of America. Our reputation for making products aren't necessarily stellar either..

I just can't see blaming others for our economic situation/state that we're in..
Old 05-01-2011, 04:49 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I say tax the Chinese crap to 25% on everything they bring in the US
Hmmmm, where did I hear that lately...
Old 05-01-2011, 05:51 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GstangT
I really don't want to respond to this thread since I can't contribute to the OP.. but Jim, you have to see it's a much bigger issue than just "outsourcing" to other countries. Can you imagine what our economy would be like if the United States wasn't at war with all these different countries around the world? And who chooses to outsource? Yes, it's the US corporations.

These DECISIONS from our fellow AMERICANS is what directly affects us as citizens. Point is, it's a MUCH bigger problem than pointing the finger at one person (or country, or problem), and saying it's them.

And there are cheap products and corrupt businesses EVERYWHERE, even the good ol' United States of America. Our reputation for making products aren't necessarily stellar either..

I just can't see blaming others for our economic situation/state that we're in..
What you said is exactly what I am saying. WE AMERICANS are sending our own jobs to China. And no, not just to China, to India, to Korea, and to many other countries.

And yes, it is the CEOs who line their pockets with profits who send our jobs to China.
An example: Dell computers used to have decent paying jobs for computer customer tech support run by Americans and staffed by Americans. Then Micheal Dell hired a Southeast Asia CEO. This asshat fired all the Americans and outsourced to India and possibly several other countries. I know of someone directly affected by this job loss. Her dad used to work for Dell and he was let go to exploit slave-wage labor in India. Her dad had to go to work making less money. This is wage/benefits depression because of outsourcing.

So yes, the CEOs are the bad guys here. BUT we Americans are the bad guys too. Our stupid demand for the absolute damn cheapest is what drives CEOs to cut corners and outsource to drop prices. And when you buy WalMart (almost everything Made in China in there), and not just WalMart but any other store stocks little or no Made in the USA products, you only encourage American job loss and wage depression.
We consuming Americans who can still buy and who still have jobs have to sacrifice and seek out Made in America.
And we Americans who actually still make something in the US and who still employ Americans have to do our utmost to provide the best quality services and products possible because we sure as hell cannot beat Chinese, Indian, or whatever products in the price arena.

This is why I said to RPI designs what I did. I did so as an appeal to them to make sure they uphold high quality just like they advertise.
Of course, trying to please everyone is not easy, it is very damn hard to do, but everything possible that can be done to make a customer happy makes for repeat customers.

And yes, GstangT, you are right.
Corruption and sorry products are everywhere. Even S***ty products come from America too, but those S***ty Americans need to get out because we Americans are sure as hell struggling to hold onto our edge today when the evils of globalization is destroying us economically. There is no excuse for these bad guys to continue to hurt the rest of us who are actually trying to provide the best possible service and quality of products.

As for the US being the world police? I too say recall the troops and spend the money to fix ourselves first. If we want to play world cop again, we should only do so when we are strong again. But until then, every American who still has a business, job, and who can actually still make things in the US and who can actually still buy things need to do our best to help repair ourselves, put Americans back to work, and get back on track to restoring good wages and decent benefits. These good paying jobs also mean these workers are paying taxes, and the more he makes, the more taxes he pays. That in turn means we, the US can start to repay our debts.

Again, I agree with everything you said. I do not disagree with what you said.
And due to the simple fact that RPI is a Made in the USA product, I am willing to give them a chance despite this thread.
But I implore them, and any other American company, to uphold high service and product quality standards because cheap price goes to the Chinese hands down and there is no way we can compete in the price war.

EDIT: Rewrote a paragraph that made an incorrect implication.

Last edited by JIM5.0; 05-03-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:00 PM
smokestang
3rd Gear Member

AMERICA FIRST! i buy every product i can thats made in the USA..even if its more expensive.

Quick Reply: RPI Designs - NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!