Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boiling point has been reached

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2011, 12:07 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

Post Boiling point has been reached

Is there any way that I can track an order for a Stang besides the stealership? It's been almost 7 months and I still haven't received mine! I've reached the threshold of patience today and let the manager have an earful. I have the info and a VIN as well.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:45 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i waited 9 months for mine, so i understand how it feels. all i can
say is it's not the dealerships fault and to just be patient.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:55 PM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Location: Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I don't know why its taking so long...they have a plethora of them here in Jacksonville
Old 05-02-2011, 01:23 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

7 Months is ridiculous...to be perfectly honest I don't think I'd have ended up being that patient, I would've just gone looking and compromised on another car in a lot. I waited 14 weeks for mine and that was long enough to drive me absolutely crazy...let alone 28. By around 14 weeks I was about to call in and cancel my order. Although I had also spotted a Kona Blue on a lot that I had an affinity for if my order didn't go along as planned.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:51 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

i have a thread in the 2011+ 5.0 section about this. I just called the dealership regularly, at one point they said it was on hold waiting for an engine. you can see my order/delivery date in my sig, update is 5/17/11 confirmed delivery via railroad. If you have the VIN# you can see if its been built yet, they'll have the window sticker for it:
http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...icker.pdf?vin=

after the viin number = put your vin number, here you can see mine

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...BP8CFXC5218342

The dealership said they were able to put a rush on mine by marking it sold x-plan pricing (fleet pricing, company i work for orders thousands of vehicles a year) within days of them having a delivery week for my car the window sticker appeared on that site, and it does get updated regularly i checked it, not up, then checked it a few hours later and it was up there.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:19 PM
BlackBetty
2nd Gear Member

Ordered mine January 2005, picked it up September 19 2005. Patience grasshopper.

Did you order from a smaller dealer? I bought from a local family-owned dealership and they just don't get that many cars in their allotment each month. It was just the compromise for being loyal to that dealership.

The best part was when it came in and they called and said, "Will you hurry and come pick this thing up? People keep stopping in wanting to buy it!"
Old 05-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Jersey Stang
2nd Gear Member

I remember when I ordered my 06 GT. it was March 2005 and i remembered going over the option of 17" wheels or the new 18". I went with the 17" wheel. I got my car in September 2005, but what I didn't know was, if I had picked the 18" wheel, my car would not have been delivered until Dec 2005 at the earliest. Did you pick any new options on your car?
Old 05-02-2011, 10:46 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Damn that's an awfully long wait. WTF ford, crank up those production lines. I thought this was a recession? People got money to spend and they're dicken around. Start shopping at other dealers lots.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:11 AM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

I'm usually passive about things, but they have given me definite delivery dates only to have them changed and that made me go off on the manager. First they said I would have gotten it in March, March turned to April, April turned to May....I've been driving rentals and I'm sick and tired of them. I want my car already damn it!

Originally Posted by Mishri
i have a thread in the 2011+ 5.0 section about this. I just called the dealership regularly, at one point they said it was on hold waiting for an engine. you can see my order/delivery date in my sig, update is 5/17/11 confirmed delivery via railroad. If you have the VIN# you can see if its been built yet, they'll have the window sticker for it:
http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...icker.pdf?vin=

after the viin number = put your vin number, here you can see mine

http://services.forddirect.fordvehic...BP8CFXC5218342

The dealership said they were able to put a rush on mine by marking it sold x-plan pricing (fleet pricing, company i work for orders thousands of vehicles a year) within days of them having a delivery week for my car the window sticker appeared on that site, and it does get updated regularly i checked it, not up, then checked it a few hours later and it was up there.
How do you read that page exactly? All I'm seeing is coding.

Last edited by Mr.Bape; 05-03-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Old 05-03-2011, 09:26 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Mr.Bape
Is there any way that I can track an order for a Stang besides the stealership? It's been almost 7 months and I still haven't received mine! I've reached the threshold of patience today and let the manager have an earful. I have the info and a VIN as well.
Hi Mr.Bape,

My name is Deysha with Ford Customer Service. I can help you track your order if you’d like. Message me with your VIN and I can help.

Deysha

Quick Reply: Boiling point has been reached