Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLEASE HELP: Front turn signal light stays on

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 11:20 AM
JUSBAD

Default PLEASE HELP: Front turn signal light stays on

I have a 2006 Mustang and all of a sudden the front right turn signal light is staying lit, even when the key is off and out of ignition. All other lights work perfectly when turned on, flash properly etc. Anyone know what needs to be replaced or repaired?
Thanks in advance for any help
Old 05-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Here's the wiring diagram for the lamps: http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=40&viewfile...zard Lamps.pdf

If you're not already aware, there's a TSB for a water leak that's notorious for causing electricl gremlins. With you being in KY and all the rain you've had, I recommend you check the carpet by the passenger kick-panel for moisture. Inside that panel is the SJB which will begin to have issues due to corroded/oxidized connections from the leak. Hopefully, you're problem is just a minor wiring issue but you need to be aware of the TSB/water leak in case it's not simple wiring.
Old 05-03-2011, 07:54 PM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

I agree with Nuke. Look up water leak in the search box and you will find plenty of results. Youre SBJ got wet as a result of rain coming in and getting it wet. The fix is simple , but requires a lot of attention. In my case my rear lights stayed on as well and killed my battery. Dont go to the dealer to fix it, you will get raped
Old 05-04-2011, 12:24 PM
Maraman
3rd Gear Member

i had this same problem with my 06 GT this past fall before i sold it. happened to me at work when it was a nasty rainy day. i disconnected the battery all day to try to let it reset because i had already tried all of the typical stuff. light was still on after dis/reconnecting the battery several times. so i just dc/d it all day so i could drive home from work. got home about 11 hours from when it first started. pull my car in my backyard and just went off by itself. i cant explain it. it was on when i got out of the car, walked inside my house, was looking thru the window and it just cut off. and it never did it again after that. i eventually changed the battery before i sold the car.
Old 05-04-2011, 03:40 PM
JUSBAD

I did check the carpet and it is wet, we have gotten so much rain the last two weeks it's ridiculous. If the panel is wet, is it just a matter of getting it dried out or is it more complicated than that, and any ideas of a link telling about this leak and how to stop it.

Thanks for all the help guys, I am new to this forum due to recently getting this car, but you guys give the same hospitality that I am used to over at the corvetteforum.com

Old 05-04-2011, 10:02 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

This was the best thread on this here:
https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...al-answer.html

and this is the TSB: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...S1X5zGFH4bPJKw
Old 05-04-2011, 11:33 PM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

Hello my friend, refer to this link. It will have all the info you need.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...-mustangs.html
Old 05-05-2011, 06:53 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JUSBAD
I did check the carpet and it is wet...
You're screwed, just like so many of us.

The TSB provides the current fix. If you intend on having a shop attempt the repair, be sure to provide them with a copy of the TSB. The more often the SJB gets wet, the worse/more frequent/more severe the electrical gremlins seem to become. You can try to dry the SJB with moving dry air but it'll simply get wet again the next time it rains.

Yeah, it sux big time.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:09 PM
Doug J Chastain

Lightbulb Same problem

However a little different cause.

Bought the car new (06 GT) for the wife, never had an issue till the beginning of this year, then the left headlight came on, next it was the right marker light.

Replaced the headlight switch and a few days later same problem.

After searching and talking to some friends I checked the floor and sure enough it was wet. But then a light went off.... this time in my head, lol.

Just before Christmas had a new windshield put in and even though couldn't see any evidence that it was leaking I surmised it had to be, why else after 7 years would this suddenly be a problem.

Glass company came out and not only resealed windshield but actually changed it out for a new one, several rain storms later haven't had an issue.

Hope this helps some with phantom leaks, just cause you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there, lol.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:07 PM
Robert Swift

Originally Posted by JUSBAD
I have a 2006 Mustang and all of a sudden the front right turn signal light is staying lit, even when the key is off and out of ignition. All other lights work perfectly when turned on, flash properly etc. Anyone know what needs to be replaced or repaired?
Thanks in advance for any help
did you solve this issue I have the same problem

Quick Reply: PLEASE HELP: Front turn signal light stays on