Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good shops in Texas/Florida

Old 05-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Location: Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I've lived within throwing distance of Steeda for quite some time, and being on my second mustang, I've dealt with them a lot. My personal experience has been that they are a more retail oriented company than they are service. Don't get me wrong, they're great at it! But from what I've seen, heard and had done, Blow By Racing is the only shop in South Florida I would trust with an engine swap!! I'm actually going to be taking mine there to get a 302 forged stroker pretty soon when I decide to start getting wild with the boost!
Old 05-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Descena

Thanks for the recommendations - I'm taking these down for future reference. I've been in Germany for four years, two with this car, and I'm just sick of having this car serviced by Germans. I found one alright guy that worked on a lot of Stangs, but the customer service here is just horrible. I really need someone reliable and fair to take care of my baby because sometimes I just don't have the time for simple things, like an oil change.

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
I can't help with recommendations, but let me be the first to preemptively welcome you to Central Texas... I work out at Fort Hood... maybe I'll see your 'stang on the road once you get here... Thanks for your service.

Don
Thank you
What's your job in Fort Hood?

I've lived within throwing distance of Steeda for quite some time, and being on my second mustang, I've dealt with them a lot. My personal experience has been that they are a more retail oriented company than they are service. Don't get me wrong, they're great at it! But from what I've seen, heard and had done, Blow By Racing is the only shop in South Florida I would trust with an engine swap!! I'm actually going to be taking mine there to get a 302 forged stroker pretty soon when I decide to start getting wild with the boost!
If you get your engine swap done before 2012, lemme know how they are at it! I was going to swap mine with the 302 as well but I'm still researching and pricing the whole thing.

Last edited by Descena; 05-06-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:53 PM
viperrmk
3rd Gear Member

pretty much what everyone has said for South Florida you have

BBR
http://www.blowbyracing.com/

Steeda
http://www.steeda.com/

Torq
http://www.gettorq.com/

Revolution-Performance
http://revolution-performance.com/

Sounds like you have a great plan for you stang. Keep us posted and let us know how the build comes out.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Descena

Originally Posted by viperrmk
Sounds like you have a great plan for you stang. Keep us posted and let us know how the build comes out.
Thanks, I will!

My father didn't have a Ford, but he had a Vette and Camaro so we know some guys in S.FL as well, but I wanted people that knew everything about Stangs and this is a great list to go off of and see how they go business.

Thanks again! I'll gradually make my way around these forums and see get pics up and whatnot. I always love the advice and input as well.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:55 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I know there is a shop in Killeen, they even have a dyno. But I cannot remember their name. I was actually going to go there fto try to purchase a custom dyno tune.

If you don't mind taking a trip to Waco, you could go to Late Model Restoration in Hewitt (just south of Waco). They have anything and everything for your 'Stang.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:16 AM
Descena

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
I know there is a shop in Killeen, they even have a dyno. But I cannot remember their name. I was actually going to go there fto try to purchase a custom dyno tune.

If you don't mind taking a trip to Waco, you could go to Late Model Restoration in Hewitt (just south of Waco). They have anything and everything for your 'Stang.
Do they do the work to the Stang as well? For an hour drive, it's gotta be worth it. I've been scorn so badly by service over here that I have a hard time in trusting shops quickly
Old 05-08-2011, 07:58 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I believe so. And if they cant do the specific work, they would refer you go someone who can do it right.
I know recently, they installed a Boss302r manifold on someone's Coyote 5.0 and then referred them to another guy to also install the nitrous setup
Old 05-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Descena

Ah, cool. I'll be sure to add them to my GPS when I get settled in Texas. Thanks!
Old 10-19-2011, 07:02 AM
Descena

Anyone ever heard of/dealt with a shop called Trinity Auto Haus? LRS (Late Model Restoration Supply) suggested them to me. They're at address: 3841 Franklin Ave. Waco, TX 76710.