Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-07-2011, 03:08 AM   #1
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 Ford Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to Xeremeh Send a message via Yahoo to Xeremeh
Default Car Slow To Respond To Key Fob

Hey all.

Opened car normally and went for a 5 minute ride today with no issues. Upon arriving back, I got out and hit the lock on the fob, and it did nothing. After a few more attempts, it finally would lock itself, but I couldn't get the double tap unless I kept hitting it like I was playing whack a mole. Same for all other features on the fob. In the past, I've had an issue with it not working at all due to the negative clamp coming off of the battery post. But I checked that and it was stuck on like a champ. I changed out fobs to my other one, with the same results, so it's not the fob battery.

You guys have any idea on what this can be?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

In Memorial: "Voodoo"
2008 Black Mustang GT Coupe

Xeremeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:57 AM   #2
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 White Mustang

I don't know but occasionally mine does that as well. It usually only happens once or twice before it goes back to normal though. I always though it was the battery.

2006 Mustang V6 PP | C&L CAI | Bama 93 race tune | 14" Shorty Antenna | Eagle GTs | 18" stripe
GT/CS Front Bumper | Bullit Grille | Hawk HPS pads| Slotted and Drilled Rotors | Strano Swaybars
Prothane Motor Mounts | MMD Hood Struts | 55w 5000K HIDs | Poly Bushings

There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact, it's all dark.
MustangFirstCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #3
bigblue95z
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Mustang GT

Maybe pull the battery for 10 min. See if that changes anything.
bigblue95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:44 AM   #4
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT
a1kemist

Any issues with your car battery?

Silver Mustang Registry #1185
Roush Front Fascias, Roush Chin Spoiler, Roush Rear Wing, Roush Louvers, Roush Strut Tower Brace, Nine Bar Grille, 15% Llumar Tint, SLP Loudmouths, Nitto 555 285/40/18R & 255/45/18F on Black 18" FR500's, FRPP 4.10, BBK CAI, 93 Brenspeed Tune, 5spd Automatic

"I'd rather be a comma than a full stop"
alkemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:47 AM   #5
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

No issues with the battery. Fires right up. I drove the same distance to lunch again and when getting there, I had no problems with it. Then, when getting back home, same issues. So, for dinner, I thought maybe I need to run it longer, so I drove it for perhaps 15 minutes, got back, and had the issues once more.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #6
modru2004
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: who,what,where,why?

for some reason my '10 gt does this as well. randomly sometimes the key fob just stops working. the car won't respond to it, wont' unlock or lock. however, after teh next time i start the car and shut it off it starts working perfectly again. but i have to start teh car first.
modru2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #7
Xeremeh
2nd Gear Member

I've started it several times and it stays the same. I'm not sure if I just need to go on a road trip because it needs to recharge the battery some more or what the deal is. I just tried disconnecting the battery fully for about 30 minutes (was gonna be 10, but then some Soldiers got into a fight and had to deal with that). still the same result.

Old 05-07-2011, 03:41 PM   #8
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

I'd test the FOB batteries; both of them. They're both probably the originals and if so, are about the same age. I've also had FOBs that had finicky buttons that didn't always function crisply after a certain amount of time inactive.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:15 PM   #9
SON OF 68
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ford Mustang Gt

My car has issues with the FOB also. It locks fine, even dbl tap to set the "Alarm". But when I go to open it, it works perfect to open the drivers door, but if you dbl tap the unlock to open both doors, it won't open the passenger side. I've tried the battery, and even a reprogram for the FOB.
SON OF 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #10
bigblue95z
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Mustang GT

If the car battery has enough juice to start the car, there is no doubt that it has enough juice to pop the door locks. Supply isn't the issue here. I must have mis-read, I thought it was just like a delayed reaction to the FOB push. I'd spring for new batteries, and if that doesn't fix it, light it on fire..... no more problems!!
bigblue95z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:54 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
05, battery, fob, ford, key, locks, mustang, open, operating, react, respond, response, slow, taking, unlock