Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

excited!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 05:37 AM
imsonastie
2nd Gear Member

Default excited!!

so im sitting here at the hotel on base in korea, waiting to leave this thursday and i have 5.0 on the brain. it's been the longest year of my life being over here, almost went to war, lots of 12+ hours shifts, working weekends and not having time off two months at a time strait. im sure some of you dont care and such especialy since i can be an ******* with my opinions about some threads that have been discussed, maybe i had a bad day that day so sorry. ive had maybe the worst car buying experience ever over here as well. i ordered a 2012 5.0 base with 3.55 gears in sterling grey back in december through the military car sales over here thinking it would be a good thing to do with the rebates and such, but this it what ended up happening. the local deler had received my car in feburary and my fiancee went to check it out, and to my surprise it was black! so i called up the salesman here and asked to speak to the manager about this problem, apparently the plant had told my salesman that they no longer make 2012 in sterling grey and to have the customer choose a different color, but he never got back to me and just ordered me a black one, with no gears! i was furious and went down there to give them an earfull. they had said i can order a new car and such or take money off the black one, so i decided to have them take money off, wich they did, i still wasnt satisfied though. got a phone call a week later asking me if i wanted lojack but its 800 bucks, i said no. they send me the final order acceptance and to my surprise lojack was on there! so i have had it with these guys ordering whatever they wanted and called up the main office in ny. the woman on the phone was very nice and i ended up ordering a 2012 silver premium, with 355 gears and the accessories(sp) package. she bascialy searched the plant for what i wanted on a car that had just been built, instead of building me one so i can take delivery still when im get home. and she took money off. so in the end i ended up getting the 37k car for 28! anyway i come from the import scene originaly, had a 2003 evo when they 1st came to the states, then a full bolt on 350z wich was fun i might add, not the fastest car ever but i enjoyed it,sold it before i came here last year and have had my eye on the new mustang since they had been talking about before its production ever came out. it really caught my eye, it just might be the best bang for the buck our of any sports car out there on the market for the money. the engine is a beast, the car is gorgeous, and it has great built quality, handles good, this is what i look for and it has it. so anyway in 5 days i will be driving my new and 1st domestic car ive ever had andim effing excited! Thats all.
Old 05-08-2011, 06:36 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

LOL! Congrats and hope it all works out this time. Be sure to post some pics and here's to an early "welcome home"!
Old 05-08-2011, 07:29 AM
mdg
4th Gear Member

Good luck. They have an AAFES car purchasing program over here, prices suck.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:07 AM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Good to see you got things worked out and for the better despite the dealer foul ups. And yes, do post up some pics when you can!
Old 05-08-2011, 08:09 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Let me start by saying thank you for your service. Regardless of you being grouchy or not...you're service is appreciated!

It sucks you had a bad ordering experience, but it sounds like that's all been taken care of and so enjoy the heck out of your new ride when you get back state side!
Old 05-08-2011, 02:08 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Stay safe these last 5 days. Stay out of the juicy bars, those hoes are worse than hookers!!! LOL Sounds like things worked out for the best in the end. Your new fiveOh is gonna blow you away compared to your previous cars. You got yourself a mans car now.......not a kids car......Congrats!!
Old 05-08-2011, 06:33 PM
imsonastie
2nd Gear Member

thanks guys, ill take pics when i get settled in my new place.
haha juicy bars, i have yet to go in one of those the whole year ive been here, good thing im not a drinker, thats all people to here.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:42 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Hey imsonastie,

First and foremost thank you for your service and happy to hear you are coming home! Sorry to hear about the ordeal you had to go through, but glad you got what you wanted and for a nice price too! Congrats and please post pics when you come home! Thanks again for what you do!

Deysha
Old 05-10-2011, 08:22 AM
imsonastie
2nd Gear Member

thanks Deysha! cant wait to drive that bad boy off the lot friday!
Old 05-10-2011, 02:01 PM
SamsBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

Congrats man, you're going to love your car! Stay safe and enjoy your new ride!

@Deysha, do you happen to work with Cory or Seni?

Quick Reply: excited!!