Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MUSTANG Build.....Its Electric

Old 05-09-2011, 10:10 AM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Default MUSTANG Build.....Its Electric

So this isn’t an S197, it’s a Power Wheels Mustang powered by a 12 volt battery, top speed about 5mph. This is my son’s, Cruz, favorite toy in the world. I got it for him when he was just 2 years old. He’ll be turning 4 this summer and I tell you for a soon to be 4 year old he drives the crap out of this thing.

About 1 month ago my son and I were hanging out in the garage like we normally do. As always and in typical Mustang fashion he was pushing that little thing as hard as he could. On one of his runs he torn down the driveway turned the steering wheel and executed a perfect power slide. He’s done this several hundreds of times before and never experienced any problems. This time was diffirent, when he tried to accelerate it wouldn’t move. Cruz’s yells out to me “Daddy, I broke my wheel look.” Funny thing is that I believed him! I checked the left rear wheel only to discover it to be completely worn out and busted!

What really gets me is that he's been telling me for a few weeks now that “WE” need to take the wheels off his Mustang, mind you he’s only 3. So last week I was doing some research on replacing the wheels because he wasn’t happy his mustang was down. After a quick search on the internet I found the replacement parts and placed the order. Needless to say my son was super excited after I tell him I ordered new wheels. He responds saying, “I told you daddy, I told you the wheels come off, I told you so!” I just laughed out loud. I guess he know his car even though it’s a Power Wheels.

Anyhow, with the new wheels on order and scheduled for delivery on Monday I decided to add a few things. Cruz requested racing stripes but decided instead on flames. Anyhow, I dropped the Mustang off at the shop last week for a custom flame wrap. Since then I decided to go all out and add some boost for 18v power. I’ll also be adding some led bulbs in the taillights, fogs, and headlights.

Here are some pics of the tear down and yes my son helped me break it down. I’ll post some pics of the build as we go. Oh, I forgot to mention my son requested a motor sticking out of the hood, no kidding, if any of you happen to have an old F150 Power Wheels Rampage with the plastic blower motor please send me a PM as I would like to see his request through.

Car back from the shop, First Signs Hollister, CA. Custom Flame Wrap.

UPDATED...New Vid..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1HnZ61xJK4

Last edited by loots06; 05-09-2011 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:52 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

FANTASTIC! I love that you encourage one another. Another Stang fanatic in the making!

My oldest son had the Power Wheels 4X4 many years ago and you could only get him out of it when the batteries were too weak to so much as move the thing.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:45 AM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

That is awesome! I wish I could have had such a cool toy when I was young. Its nice to see a mustang fan in the making.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

Haha that is so cool man. Nothing like a father and son bonding over a Stang.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:16 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Coolest thing I've seen on here in a while. Keep up the good work.

Those flames actually look sick. If someone executed that on a full-size Mustang it would be cool with that color combo. Good luck on the rest of the build.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:05 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Very awesome man. You definitely have someone becoming a mustang fan there!
Old 05-09-2011, 03:30 PM
Cobra Drifter
4th Gear Member

Cool bro! You should see what we gave to Motor For Toys last Xmas...

Power wheels Mustang all tricked out and even with Carbon Fiber Wrapped hood lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5hDsFXvu0Y
Old 05-09-2011, 03:54 PM
'''Daddy's_Toy'''

This post brings back some memories for me. My daughter had a little six volt power wheels when she was young and she drove it so much she eventually toasted the motor. Needless to say we had to fix it so I visted the local hobby shop and got an 18 volt motor for it. Ran it off two dewalt batteries and it was insane. Probably was about four times as fast and no traction it was great. I'm going have to find one of those videos now. Lasted about 6 month before it trashed the plastic gears.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:09 PM
loots06
5th Gear Member

Thanks for the comments. Last night I finished the rear lights and ran wires. I also tinted the taillights. I'm working on the headlights and fog lights to night.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:11 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

That's awesome! Can't wait to do this with my (future) son later on in life!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MUSTANG Build.....Its Electric