Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Hood and almost sold mustang

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 11:20 AM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

Default Aftermarket Hood and almost sold mustang

Ill be 21 in a few months and ive always wanted a challenger, and in the past few weeks ive been looking at buying a camaro or a challenger had a guy lined up to come buy my mustang which is a v6, but he backed out. I was looking at v6 challengers and camaros. Right now i pay 127 a month and if i get a new car im looking at 300-375 a month, and honestly the interiors on both the new camaros and new challengers SUCK unless you get the loaded v8s that run you 32,000+

My dad saw this hood on craigslist and after seeing this hood i think i want it but i wanted to get the opionion from you guys. Right now i just got a stock hood with a hood scoop and if i get this hood it will completely change the look of my car.

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/pts/2361888978.html

Thanks guys!
Old 05-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Alec
5th Gear Member

I'd go for the hood. Shlt if I was any closer I'd probably buy one

Why do you want to get rid of the stang?
Old 05-10-2011, 11:34 AM
kgrun4
2nd Gear Member

That looks like a great deal if its a decent quality hood. I would try to figure out what company made it just so you know and can see if anyone else had problems with them or anything.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:35 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

That Hood would look really awesome. I can understand why you would want a V6 camaro. They are faster and the interior is a little better than the '05-'09 mustangs. But not a Challenger. They are about the same speed as a V6 mustang and the interior is just ok. Why don't you like your mustang?
Old 05-10-2011, 11:44 AM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

Welll i like my mustang, and i get all kinds of compliments on it, i just kind of woke up one morning and didnt want to see it anymore. Then i realized i could afford a challenger or a camaro and found out my credit is good enough at age 20 to get a brand new car with out a co-signer and i got excited to go buy a new car. But i do want to move out soon and i bring around 800 in a month and only having to put 127 on a car payment will make it alot easier when i move out. And if i do want a camaro or challenger i mise well wait till i can afford a v8 or wait until the prices drop a little bit more. And the camaro i drove was a SS and the interior on it was awesome but when you look at the v6 interior is not a nice.

The seller said it was a trufiber hood but i know its not bc if you go to AM and look at the trufiber hood its just a little bit different but its still a nice looking hood and im hopefully geting one.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Yeah I go through that every once in a while too. Like when I go to car shows and I'm surrounded by Cobras, I get home and debate trading in and doing payments. I realized thought that I'm happy with what I have, I don't want a hefty payment every month and someday when I'm older I'll get the Cobra/GT/whatever I want. But for now I'm working with what I have.

Then again my car looks/drives nothing like how I originally bought it
Old 05-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Doogie65
4th Gear Member

Prep/paint can be very expensive for fiberglass hoods, so keep that in mind as it could easily cost double the purchase price to get it done right. And as others stated, definitely try to find out the manufacturer.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:16 PM
jpormen
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Doogie65
Prep/paint can be very expensive for fiberglass hoods, so keep that in mind as it could easily cost double the purchase price to get it done right. And as others stated, definitely try to find out the manufacturer.

Thanks, i didnt know figerglass was more dificult to paint. When he emails back i will definitly see if its fiberglass or not. Sence i wont be able to buy it and instantly paint it, i figured i would buy the hood then buy flush louvers then have them both painted at the same time.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:43 PM
kgrun4
2nd Gear Member

It takes a lot time to prepare a fibergalss good for painting as even quality ones tend to have waves in them that need to be sanded and primed many times. I think my dad had to prime and sand my hood about 5 times till he was happy with how it looked.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:08 PM
Lupo222
2nd Gear Member

Location: Camp Lejeune, North Carolina and Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I hate to burst your bubble, but $800/month isn't anywhere near enough to live on your own and pay for a car/insurance/cell phone/food/gas/entertainment and everything else.

If you get a roommate, maybe. I make $3200/month in the military and my wife makes about $1000/month and money still gets tight for us with just one car payment. Food for thought. I know you're 21 and you want the world right now. You don't want to hear it...I was just there and I know what its like, but let me tell you, if I knew then what I know now, I'd be living a lot better off than I am right now!! I think about all the money I spent on useless stuff and all the money I could have saved or spent differently.

Food for thought brotha...

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Hood and almost sold mustang