Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Groaning noise coming from the suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 08:12 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by BrazenStang
Hey guys. 2012 GT here. I have 32K miles and I have the EXACT same groan being described in this thread. Still under warranty, PHEW, so I am calling dealer today. It happens only at slow speeds and really noticeable over speed bumps.
Originally Posted by BrazenStang
Got the car to the dealer today. They said it is definitely bad control arm bushings. Parts have been ordered, getting them installed next week. I will post again once the work is complete.
Let me escalate this for you as well, BrazenStang. I need you to PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Originally Posted by Will3212
my car now has 14,000 miles on it, and the front lower control arms were swapped out 4 times. It's the bushings. After 4 attempts it still creaks/groans.
Please be sure to work with your CSM, Will3212.

Deysha
Old 06-15-2013, 12:20 AM
5.0/420

Deysha,

I've been in and out of the dealer about five times now. They've replaced the LCa, struts, and hardware. They are now telling me that the groaning over bumps is normal. I had a 2008 bullit and I don't recall having this symptom. The tech is excellent and patient however I don't think they are correct.
Old 06-15-2013, 12:23 AM
5.0/420

By the way, I have a 2013 mustang gt with 2800 miles on it. Love the car but I am losing hope in resolving this issue.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:47 AM
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

IMHO factory rubber bushings are crap, go to AM for a solution.
I had a similar problem with my 2012 3.7. The factory sway bar bushings are rubber, the rear bushings on mine squeaked for a while then started clunking. This was easy to find by jacking the rear up and wiggling the sway bar.
I got a rear sway bar from AM (H&R) for $308, and replaced it myself in 60 minutes. All of the clunking sounds and most of the creaks and groans are gone. I still have a minor squeak going over speed bumps, I'll go back to AM for a solution when I find where the prob is. I plan on spraying silicon lube each bushing, one at a time, until the squeak stops. A lot of aftermarket parts use better bushings, H&R does not even need lube.
Old 06-16-2013, 08:48 AM
hoodlum54
1st Gear Member

Ever since I bought my car it's had nothing but problems. So as not to thread hijack I'll keep it to just the suspension. I've been to 2 different dealers probably 8 times to try and get it fixed. It's been overnight several times to the dealership. I've also been on 3 or 4 "diagnostic rides" with both the Service Manager and Head Technician. They both acknowledge the loud suspension noises but say: "we don't really know what's wrong, and we don't really care to fix it. Learn to live with it." I had to contact with Ford Corporate Customer Service in order for the dealership to stop brushing me off. A regional rep got assigned to me and helped a few times but what do you know? After a few visits to the dealership the issues still weren't resolved and now he doesn't work there anymore. Ford hired a new rep I had to start over from scratch. I've pretty much given up hope at this point. Combined with the other issues the car is having and the mentality of "just keep bringing it back to the dealership and leaving it with us even though we don't fix any of the issues" I'm probably going to contact an attorney and go for the Lemon Law in NC.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:17 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by 5.0/420
Deysha,
I've been in and out of the dealer about five times now. They've replaced the LCa, struts, and hardware. They are now telling me that the groaning over bumps is normal. I had a 2008 bullit and I don't recall having this symptom. The tech is excellent and patient however I don't think they are correct.
Originally Posted by hoodlum54
Ever since I bought my car it's had nothing but problems. So as not to thread hijack I'll keep it to just the suspension. I've been to 2 different dealers probably 8 times to try and get it fixed. It's been overnight several times to the dealership. I've also been on 3 or 4 "diagnostic rides" with both the Service Manager and Head Technician.
Guys, please let me get this escalated for you and help get it resolved. Please PM me with your full name, VIN, mileage, dealer, best daytime number, and a brief description of the concerns you’re experiencing.

Deysha
Old 06-17-2013, 05:31 PM
5.0/420

Deysha,

Spoke to someone in customer service and they gave me ticket number 2702732 w9B4B2. Please send me an email if you want to communicate about this issue. I would like to know what Fords effective solution to this matter. I hate to see a 40k car with a chronic issue. Thank you.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:41 PM
5.0/420

Originally Posted by hoodlum54
Ever since I bought my car it's had nothing but problems. So as not to thread hijack I'll keep it to just the suspension. I've been to 2 different dealers probably 8 times to try and get it fixed. It's been overnight several times to the dealership. I've also been on 3 or 4 "diagnostic rides" with both the Service Manager and Head Technician. They both acknowledge the loud suspension noises but say: "we don't really know what's wrong, and we don't really care to fix it. Learn to live with it." I had to contact with Ford Corporate Customer Service in order for the dealership to stop brushing me off. A regional rep got assigned to me and helped a few times but what do you know? After a few visits to the dealership the issues still weren't resolved and now he doesn't work there anymore. Ford hired a new rep I had to start over from scratch. I've pretty much given up hope at this point. Combined with the other issues the car is having and the mentality of "just keep bringing it back to the dealership and leaving it with us even though we don't fix any of the issues" I'm probably going to contact an attorney and go for the Lemon Law in NC.
Your journey seems exhausting and frustrating. I am now not sure if Ford can really address the issue. Ive found very little success stories with this issue. Most find it hard to believe that Ford seems to have a difficult time producing a solution. We will see where my complaints take me. According to my work orders, ive been in and out of the dealership for approximately two months now wherein i may have forgoten how to drive my stang.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:15 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by 5.0/420
Deysha,

Spoke to someone in customer service and they gave me ticket number 2702732 w9B4B2. Please send me an email if you want to communicate about this issue. I would like to know what Fords effective solution to this matter. I hate to see a 40k car with a chronic issue. Thank you.
Hi 5.0/420,

Thank you for proactively contacting our Customer Relationship Center. Your case has already been escalated and you should receive a call today with some info.

Deysha
Old 06-19-2013, 12:37 AM
5.0/420

Hi, Deysha.

No phone call from the area manager today. However, my very patient service tech will take the car on Tuesday to show a ford engineer. I hope he has an answer to our issue. If not, I hope Ford has other options for us loyal consumers.

Quick Reply: Groaning noise coming from the suspension