Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most impressive car match

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 05:37 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

A Ford GT, we did not race I was parked and he pulled up next to me parked got out and came right up to me and said, "I just wanted to tell you before I leave that your Mustang is nicest one I have ever seen." I told him "thanks a lot" it was a great feeling...

No one ever wants to race me but its cool
Old 05-17-2011, 06:13 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

just over the weekend, there was this moped thing that carries 2 passengers, a 3 wheeler
a guy and his GF were in it.
I pull up next to it, thinking nothing of the moped powered tricycle.
but the guy gives me 4-5 revs from the 5 hp motor. sounded like a dog getting run over.
now, it was go time!!! lol.
i returned the favor with 1 huge rev that scared the crap out of his GF
but they both started laughing, and so were me and my friend in my GT.
as the light turned green, the tricycle took off WOT. it looked like it would be a 15 second 60'
i let him get about 5 moped lengths in front bc i was laughing too hard, then i let him have it.
a little 1st to 2nd action was all it took to pass him by at about 20 mph
i told my friend, "that was a big accomplishment. you lose you lose, you win you lose."
it wasn't really a race bc i dont street race. just a funny story is all. lol.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:19 PM
BLKSTAGE3
1st Gear Member

HAHA love the moped story. A similar thing happened to me except with a VW GTI. He revved the car to about 4000 rpm and dumped the clutch at a red light I slowly rolled away (safely) and then hit it once I put it in second and passed him by the time I hit third. It was pretty embarrassing for this guy to say the least.

I would say the nicest car to challenge me would be a R8 4.2l V8 I had him but we hit traffic pretty quickly and it was toying not racing. I don't street race I grew up with the mentality that racing is for the track.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:22 PM
HBOMB44

An 835 hp gt500 that made my car look like it was standing still after a generous headstart.
A dodge nitro which had around 380hp/tq which I smoked. That guy was not impressed...
An 03 vette with minor engine work worth about 470hp which had a very narrow victory.
A lexus ISF which beat me ever so slightly but I'm due for a rematch now that I've learned to drive.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:33 PM
Analyzer52
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by danzcool
No one wants to play with me anymore, must be either the body work or the gauges that scare them away.
Same here, when I was N/A I got work all the time. Now that I'm blown no one wants to race.

Right after I got the blower a guy in a N/A S197 pulled up at the light not knowing any better and I ripped him a new one. At the next light he said "what the hell do you have in that thing?" I said "e-force supercharger" grinning from ear to ear he had no idea I had a super charger with gauges and everything in the window. He was speechless. That was a fun morning going to work.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Caution
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by danzcool
SF bay area. And with the numbers in your sig, you'd only be toying with me, but it'd be great to see how much quicker that extra 100-150 or so HP is.
D@m! You're a ways away -- I'm in San Diego. O-well would have been fun none the less
Old 05-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

I was driving my wife to the airport one day in her 09 V6...when a green 05-09 GT with aftermarket mufflers came up and started taunting us...racing the engine etc...he finally rolled down the window and asked if we wanted to run it...I just smiled and waved and he took off...I got the license…I was lucky enough to see the car again a month later parked in a store lot…I was in my Snake...so I pulled up and waited for him…he looked over when he came to his car and gave a little wave…I asked him if he remembered taunting a silver V6 on the freeway a month back…I said “this is the big brother on steroids and he didn’t appreciate your picking on little sister… still wanted to run it” ?? The look on his face was priceless… LOL
Old 05-18-2011, 05:29 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Chrysler 300c - was not even close, wasn't even through 3rd and he knew he bit off more than he could chew.

SS Camaro - Worked me over when I was NA, I worked him over after getting boosted.

Lexus ISF - Beat him from a dead stop by about 1 1/2 cars up to 115mph

Some dude in an all gray paint primer import - don't even know what this was but his turbo or twin turbo was loud as hell, we ran neck and neck through 100mph.

There is a dude in a Cobalt SS is see every now and then, I would love to run him........guy drives like a maniac.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:42 PM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

I don't play on the street. Viper has no traction nor stability controls (50% of Vipers in my area are totalled. Stat provided by Dodge dealer that sold all the Vipers, including mine)

So I pull up on a C6ZO6. The vette is in the right lane that is going to merge into my lane. So I figure, well just go slow when green and let the Z get ahead of me. The trouble was the vette driver who was equally disinterested in racing, decided to let me get ahead. So I am doing 30 mph now in 4th gear and the vette is still alongside with little lane left. I stayed at 30 and let the vette get slightly ahead and merge into my lane safely.

To all those following in both lanes, we must have looked like a couple of complete wussies.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:04 PM
jwharton
2nd Gear Member

Yesterday I was pulling up to a stop sign to turn onto a major road and I have had a new 5.0 right on my butt. I wanted to see that thing get on it, so I checked and there was nothing coming and we were both signalling to turn right and he was on my butt around the corner...I nailed it and was hoping he would blow past me.....nothin, he didn't do nothin. Well maybe another time. I have not went a drove one yet as I am afraid I would like it too much and that's not good...could lead to some marital problems. I need to be happy with what I have, I need to be happy with what I have....ah that's better...LOL.

Quick Reply: Most impressive car match