Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shout-out to FordCustomerService

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 12:53 AM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Default Shout-out to FordCustomerService

Is there a chance that someone could make the Owner Page more useful as to the My Service History Section? It's really difficult to tell what service was performed.

For example, my most recent trip to the dealer was to have the brake system flushed, which I like to have done every two years.

The service record on the web page shows:

Tires
Scheduled Maintenance
Electrical
Other

I think they checked the wear pattern and pressure of the tires.
There wasn't any recommended scheduled maintenance performed as far as I know.
I guess the electrical work is that they checked the condition of the battery.
Presumably my brake system flush is the other.

The only way I can really tell what was done is to hang on to the paper receipt, which somewhat defeats the purpose of showing service on the web page. Thanks.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:47 AM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Now that is what I would can an excellent example of customer feedback. Now hopefully Deysha can take that feedback and put in the hands of someone who can try and make this reality. Thanks FoMoCo for atleast being here to see these posts.

Don
Old 05-26-2011, 11:43 AM
Fort LiquordaleGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
Now that is what I would can an excellent example of customer feedback. Now hopefully Deysha can take that feedback and put in the hands of someone who can try and make this reality. Thanks FoMoCo for atleast being here to see these posts.

Don
Woah there... They are not here to see our posts they are here so if a major compliant arises they give the person and the community whether it be twitter or MF etc the perception that they are working on fixing the issue. In reality the posts disappear, the tweets disappear and they don't do anything. The issue with the car that caught fire is a perfect example..

She claimed she spoke with Ford bla bla bla, still no fix in sight..

Good article on this:

click here

Don't be fooled.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:01 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Art161,

That is a great suggestion! I appreciate that you took the time to post this. I have documented it and wanted to make you aware that there should be an option to edit the services so you can add information on what specifically was done. Also, if in the future you want to suggest a vehicle feature you think would be helpful, you may want to visit The Ford Story. This is an awesome website where consumers can voice their opinions on what they would like to see in their next vehicle, such as additional security features, more convenience items, and so on. Check it out, it's pretty neat!

~Natasha
Old 05-26-2011, 12:25 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the reply, Natasha. I don't think the customer can edit what the dealer has posted, but can make his/her own entry regarding service. I could probably make a separate post that the 05/11/11 service was a brake flush, but it's a bit of a pain. I think that a couple of years ago Ford was saying that they were working on making the information on the web site more specific as to what work was done, but it never happened.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:34 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Fort LiquordaleGT
Good article on this:

click here

Don't be fooled.

Thanks for the read... The picture of the toothless granny was disturbing though.

That said, I think that the issue of social media customer reps is certainly one that has to be taken with a grain of salt for many companies. The comments on the article seemed to hit or miss. Vodaphone for example had a praise from one user and then a scathing comment the next. With the multitude of people who could be legitimate customers, how many could possibly be "agents" of a competitor smearing the name of a company? It is difficult to truly gauge how successful these interactions are, but I welcome any avenue that I can vent or express my concerns. I would use them all, not settling on just one or two of them... When a problem arrises, then I would call the company, write a certified letter, post on forums, contact legal counsel, contact the appropriate state/federal agencies involved with consumer protection, etc. Bottom line is that having FoMoCo participate here is welcomed by me. I have no ill conceived notion that the user account here is able to "make" something happen, but I believe that feedback does make its way up the chain somewhat. However, I could be totally off base on this whole subject. I dunno.

In the case of dstowe and her mustang that caught fire, I believe that this is one instance that is appalling and wish the people in charge could make her whole again in regards to being without her car. But I believe once the lawyers get involved, the process is slowed to what seems like a skreetching halt to minimize liabilities. That's what they get paid to do. But that hurts the customer.

Don
Old 05-26-2011, 01:07 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

You need to get on your dealer techs to fill it out correctly, if you could edit it yourself then it wouldn't be an accurate way of showing your service history when you go to sell it.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LostBoyz
You need to get on your dealer techs to fill it out correctly, if you could edit it yourself then it wouldn't be an accurate way of showing your service history when you go to sell it.
I don't know if there is a coding issue because of the dealer, or because of Ford. I agree with you that the customer should not be able to edit directly on the dealer post, for the reason you give. But don't believe that a dealer post is always correct. The web page shows that I had service done at a dealer I never visited. I think this was a glitch caused when my selling dealer went out of business. It's been correct as to the servicing dealer since then.