Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cars that share the 05+ Mustang look

Old 06-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Originally Posted by Young_Gun
I hate how popular Challengers, Chargers, and Camaros are. Killed the car.
They were popular when they came out in the 60s and 70s too.
Plus you can lump the Mustangs into that group too I see at least 5+ s197s a day and even more New Edge and older.

Anyway OP I think the Mustang and Charger are going to be your best bet. Maybe an older Camaro or Firebird. I'm sure the Charger is a fun car too. Might want to start test driving some different options. You may end up with a car you never thought you would. Good luck.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:19 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Originally Posted by pdonket
I'm in love with the way the new Challengers look. Hell recently I tried to convince my mom to trade her Camry in for an SRT8 so we could have a garage full of muscle. lol
Lol I tried to talk my mom into the same thing with her SS Impala. She wouldn't go for it.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by digitalcos
Yeah... I don't really understand what you're trying to say here.
I see those cars everywhere I look now

The new ones, at least
Old 06-03-2011, 10:34 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I believe that mustangs are the only sports car in america that hasnt ever stopped production. I believe vettes were done for only one year but not sure why nor am I really sure about this. Yea I agree with others the challenger is big but freakin awesome to look at. In indiana they are not all that popular. But mustangs are every where
Old 06-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
Lol I tried to talk my mom into the same thing with her SS Impala. She wouldn't go for it.
Aren't SS Impalas decently quick? I mean, they're no Mustang or Charger, but I hear they aren't half bad

My mother just sold her Camry and ordered a new Mustang (we had rented one on vacation back in March and she decided she had to have one)

I'll be back to having the oldest car in the family

BUT! Since I'm getting a supercharger for Christmas, it won't be the least powerful!
Old 06-04-2011, 12:09 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Yeah its pretty fast.
She definitely takes my car just fine.
But after I get 4.10s it should be better.
Its embarrassing getting beat by a 4 door family car... Lol
Old 06-04-2011, 01:40 AM
lunyou
2nd Gear Member

Here is a shot from left field, how about the Dodge Magnum? Has hemi power, blocky looks, and a different style than most cars in it's class.
Old 06-04-2011, 03:03 AM
Shadow7874
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lunyou
Here is a shot from left field, how about the Dodge Magnum? Has hemi power, blocky looks, and a different style than most cars in it's class.
The magnums are pretty cool to be honest, i heard one the other day with some sort of aftermarket exhaust and it sounded great.

I think the mustang is the way to go though! You can find an s197 for 10k, possibly even a GT if you look enough.
Old 06-04-2011, 08:30 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

I am literally to the point where I have convinced my parents that when I leave for college my mom should sell her Pilot (no need to have that much room) and buy a 78 T/A. That's gotta count for something, right? You should see her in that Pilot though. She takes corners harder then I do in my car! I also have her considering a new Challenger, though she has bad blood with Dodge, so it will be a hard sell.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jareddml
My question is that if you guys could tell me any cars that do have that same full, bull-like look? I'd really appreciate it, thanks.
Sounds like what you're really after is more of a muscle car than a pony car, which at this point in time would be a Charger, some version of the G8, or possibly a muscular truck.

The new versions of all three ponycars are more thick-bodied than their 1960's ancestors and have blurred the distinction between pony and muscle. I'm not sure that it's all for the better, since there should be a place for more graceful styling.

The following video that's posted in another current thread here clearly shows the difference between the old and the new with respect to styling execution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geq5O...el_video_title

Norm

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cars that share the 05+ Mustang look