Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have I grown soft? GT vs. Boss

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 01:33 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Go 5.0 cheaper and you will not regret it.
Its going to have all the nice things you want, plus you could easily beef it up.
Plus the GT Premium is quite a bit cheaper. Win/win.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:00 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

To each their own, i daily drive my boss and its just as comfortable as my 10 premium was. i miss sync on occasion, but i have got over that. as for navigation and all, fords navigation system is nice but far from the best. i may go with one of the pioneer after market navs with bluetooth once scosche comes out with its face plate for the install. there are two of your issues fixed. anyway, buy what you want you will enjoy either.

here in texas with the temps already at 103 and more with heat index i am glad to have the NA car for tracking compared to my 10 with the m90 since heat soak isn't an issue. once you go boss, you never go back. lol, i'd not trade mine for any other current stang. it's just so damn good right out of the box.Speaking of tracking, i am hitting Eagle canyon raceway Saturday for my first track day!Really looking forward to it!

PS - yes you have gone soft, be sure your ***** hasn't fallen off and rolled under the seat of that caddy! (kidding btw before someone gets butt-hurt thinking i'm serious)

Last edited by ShaneM; 06-07-2011 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Vader GT
4th Gear Member

Siggy = soft......LOL, j/k man.

I know exactly what you mean. The older I get, the more "creature" comforts I want! I currently own 3 cars & I have had the opportunity to own several "special" cars like the boss. I have shyed away from these opportunities because I MOD EVERYTHING!!!!

Don't get me wrong, if I ever got a great deal on a Boss or any other limited run car, I would jump on it, but I would mod it. Good luck!!

Last edited by Vader GT; 06-07-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:43 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Yeah Siggy man... s'matter with you?!?!
I do have your answer though...

9" rear on the Caddy.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:55 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
I suppose the way I wrote it I made the case for myself. For a good while I was leaning towards the Boss 302. But the more I think about it, and the more I remember how much fun I had building that 4.6 motor, the more I understand that I'm going to really want to do stuff to this car. And like I said, the Boss is a better starting platform, but for the money, I'd rather start with the creature comforts of the GT and work from there.
Sounds like I've got some work to do! haha
Old 06-07-2011, 05:13 PM
imsonastie
2nd Gear Member

well, here are my thoughts about the gt, its the same engine as the boss roughly, the boss gets more hp because of the tune/ better airflow, slightly revised head. i already have my wish list, and with the 82mm throttle body, boss intake manifold,steeda cai, and a full exhaust, and a tune. it will still be cheaper then the boss and will damn strait be faster, and still retain the reliable DD factor. the gt isnt a pig at all stock, go test drive it.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:25 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pascal
Yeah Siggy man... s'matter with you?!?!
I do have your answer though...

9" rear on the Caddy.
If only the kits weren't 4-5k. And the last thing this girl needs is more weight. Shes already pushing 3900lbs I believe.

But yes, I've gone a bit soft. Honestly if I had these Caddy seats in the Saleen I probably would have kept it.

ShaneM, I wouldn't worry about my ***** if I were you, as the only thing you'll see (no matter what car I end up with) is my *** as I fly by .

VaderGT - The worst part is, I'm not old at all (26). But damn, I've grown used to these creature comforts. I guess thats what happens when you get a desk job?
Old 06-07-2011, 05:41 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I'm sure it can be done for cheaper by a local fabricator but you're right about the weight...
Be careful with that desk job, you'll be fat before long, lol.
The Boss might be a good remedy in your case.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:53 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Oh I've already put on a lb or 10 from this job lol. But with summer coming and the ever-living threat of my GF leaving me for a sexier man (I kid . . .hopefully) I'll get it back.

The bad thing about the CTS-V is that to get any amount of power, and use it, it requires custom fabrication.

The biggest Blower is a Maggie 112, which is good to about 500hp then is tapped out. Any other forced induction is a custom job. Then once you get that, you need a custom fabbed rear end to handle it. After that, you need fabbed up axles and half-shafts to hold it together (least there is a kit for those).

I'd rather spend 10g making it fast, not 5g making it semi-fast, and the other 5g holding it all together.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:32 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I see your point.
But hey, either Stangs will get you there.
See if the Boss has a better tranny (non Chinese one), that alone would simplify my choice.

Quick Reply: Have I grown soft? GT vs. Boss