Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-24-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
BlackBeauty4.6
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 05 Mustang Gt
Default AUX input plug???

i have an 05 gt... did they not put aux input plugs in the cars until 06? mine does not have one and its driving me crazy all my music is on my ipod lol.. how hard is it put in an aux port my radio has a option for aux.. so what is required to put one in?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
BlackBeauty4.6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 08 GT Vert, 02 GT Vert

If I remember correctly, there is another small usb port on the back of the radio. Have to pull some parts to get to it...then plug in a cord...the mind is the first to go, right.....?

also found this... http://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-...angs-look.html
I wake up in the morning with nothing to do and by supper time, I have half of it done.

2008 GT Vert, stock
2000 Lightning, s/c, tuned, Basanni, built tranny
Previous Mustangs:4 - '66 Coupes(silver/blue/grey/red) '87 GT HO, '00/'02/'07 GT Vert(red)(grey)(black), '68 Coupe, '11 GT/CS

Last edited by AzPete; 06-24-2011 at 05:52 PM.
AzPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 05:44 PM   #3
shonole
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeauty4.6 View Post
i have an 05 gt... did they not put aux input plugs in the cars until 06? mine does not have one and its driving me crazy all my music is on my ipod lol.. how hard is it put in an aux port my radio has a option for aux.. so what is required to put one in?
2007. And it's not cost effective to get the adapter for the Shaker sound system. My suggestion would be to look aftermarket, unless you are dead set on keeping the stock headset.

Here's a link to the adapter: http://www.amazon.com/Precision-Inte...ies/B0015CVX6M

The price has come down some, but if I were you, I'd still look aftermarket, as the Shaker systems respond very well to aftermarket headsets. You could probably find one on Craigslist or ebay for $250 or less. Good luck either way!

2006 Mustang GT - Performance White, Charcoal leather, IUP, 5 Spd, C&L Racer w/tune, FRPP Stingers, Hurst Short Throw - Many more mods to come!
shonole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:33 PM   #4
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

2007 on up has the aux input jack. Even with the HU from a 2007 or later, you'd have to rewire the jack to one of the plugs connecting to the back of the radio. I have the wiring diagrams plus a HU from an '08 to try in my g/f's '06 but it probably won't happen sometime soon.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:49 AM   #5
GTRaider
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2005 Ford Mustang GT Convert

The Dealer installed a Pac-Audio system in my 2007 Ford 500 when I leased it. It never quite worked the way it was meant to but the Installer got it to work well enough to be usable for me. It didn't interface well with the Can-Bus system in the 500. When I turned in the car at lease-end, I said screw this... I paid for this thing so I'm taking it out. I didn't need it for my new lease because it was a 2010 Taurus with Sync so I decided to give it a shot in the Mustang because I really got used to listening to my I-Pod instead of the crap on radio. It's work perfectly well without the problems that I had in the 500.

They don't produce the model I have anymore (surprise!) but I'd guess the ones they make now work pretty well and they seem to be less expensive than the one I got from the Dealer in 2007.
Steeda CAI, Tri-Ax w/Steda Shift Lever, A/M BAMA Tunes 93 Octane Performance Tune, Silverstars, J&M Extreme Joint LCA's and Panhard Bar. CHE K-Member Brace with Torque Limiters. Koni Sports, Eibach Lowering Springs and Sway Bars, Steeda Upper Strut Mounts. Steeda Q1C 18"x9.5" Conti Extreme Contact DW's. And a new top.
Drive Fast... Take Chances!
GTRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:53 AM   #6
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Vehicle: '14 GT/CS

Alright so I'm really confused.
Does the '05 have a USB on the back of the stock HU?

2014 GT/CS MT - Stock
Sold: 2005 4.0
Tanner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:45 AM   #7
shonole
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner05 View Post
Alright so I'm really confused.
Does the '05 have a USB on the back of the stock HU?
If only.. But sorry, no. The only way to have an aux input on the older Shaker's (05-06) is to use the adapter I linked to above. And even then, it only supplies RCA inputs. Ford was definitely behind the times when the S197 debuted!

2006 Mustang GT - Performance White, Charcoal leather, IUP, 5 Spd, C&L Racer w/tune, FRPP Stingers, Hurst Short Throw - Many more mods to come!
Old 06-25-2011, 01:47 AM   #8
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Vehicle: '14 GT/CS

Well damn.
I don't have the Shaker, so will my HU still have the RCA input?

2014 GT/CS MT - Stock
Sold: 2005 4.0
Tanner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 02:11 AM   #9
shonole
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner05 View Post
Well damn.
I don't have the Shaker, so will my HU still have the RCA input?
AFAIK the adapter should work, as it is designed for all Ford radios from 04-up, but don't quote me on it.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:39 AM   #10
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

Feel free to search the forum since this is another one of those beat-to-death topics. IIRC, there are a couple of options.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:39 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
04, 05, 2005, 2011, aux, auxillary, car, ford, input, jack, mustang, one, port, put, v6