Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered a Vortech kit!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 12:12 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

I am going to get one, but I want to make sure I don't stress the motor until I can strengthen it.

edit: My uncle lives in woodstock.

also, care to school me on bypass valves? Do they come with the kit or are they purchased separately? I'm pretty sure I'm getting one but if not, I need to know.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:18 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roush05
I am going to get one, but I want to make sure I don't stress the motor until I can strengthen it.

edit: My uncle lives in woodstock.

also, care to school me on bypass valves? Do they come with the kit or are they purchased separately? I'm pretty sure I'm getting one but if not, I need to know.
Im not sure how it works with a non-intercooled kit but the intercooled comes with one. THe bypass valve works off the vacuum of your motor and connects to the bottom of the intercooler and to the intake tube, then a small hose runs to the intake manifold. When the motor feels load it will close the bypass valve and it will boost, when normal cruising or decel the bypass will be open releasing the pressure, it also works to relieve excess pressure and to prevent compressor surge (when the throttle body closes and the air has nowhere to go but backwards towards the blower which can damage it) I'm pretty sure bypass valves are only used with higher boost pressures like with the intercooled kit. I'm just not sure how it would be utilized on a non-intercooled vortech system. Also the excess air is recirculated back through to the intake tube(close loop system), where as a BOV vents to the atmosphere.

Last edited by 2005Redfire6; 06-26-2011 at 12:23 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, on vortech's site it says

"Superchargers exceeding 6 PSI require a Vortech standard bypass valve or a Vortech Maxflow racing bypass valve.

Superchargers exceeding 10 PSI require a Vortech Maxflow Mondo or Maxflow racing bypass valve."

I think the stock pulley makes 8 PSI lol. I don't know though, I'll look into it a bit more.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:35 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Yeah, on vortech's site it says

"Superchargers exceeding 6 PSI require a Vortech standard bypass valve or a Vortech Maxflow racing bypass valve.

Superchargers exceeding 10 PSI require a Vortech Maxflow Mondo or Maxflow racing bypass valve."

I think the stock pulley makes 8 PSI lol. I don't know though, I'll look into it a bit more.
Yea I'm sure it may have one, but like I said I'm not sure how they have it setup non-intercooled! I am still using the stock bosch that is only rated for 8psi or whatever it is and I am at 12!
Old 06-26-2011, 01:48 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

The non-intercooled is set up like how you described in your first post about how they work, but the non-intercooled version is connected to the outlet of the blower leading to the throttle body, then to the CAI elbow as well as a vacuum hose connected fuel pressure line off the fuel rail, to the brake booster. The line from the passenger valve cover is also leading to the CAI elbow.

I wanted a blow through design because I wanted to vent it into the atmosphere rather than recirculate it back into the CAI. There's more to it than just unplugging it though lol

It's really just for sound reasons lulz I want that "ppppfffffssssst!" noise between shifts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOh8V...eature=related

I know it's a turbo, but I am looking for a sound like that... if only to scare the **** out of ricers rofl
Old 06-26-2011, 02:00 PM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

this is what the non intercooled looks like , one end of the bypass valve is connected to a short piece of hose coming from the blue intake elbow . the the opposite end of the bypass valve connects to a hose leading back to the flat part of the Vortech intake . thus the re circling of metered air when not under load . when under load the by pass closes and you build boost
Old 06-26-2011, 02:13 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
It's really just for sound reasons lulz I want that "ppppfffffssssst!" noise between shifts

I know it's a turbo, but I am looking for a sound like that... if only to scare the **** out of ricers rofl
What lengths we go through to look cool! I like to think my longtubes, cams and loud *** exhaust gives em a good scare! LOL

Congrats OP........getting blown is like getting a new car.....huge grins. I've had my m90 since November and still feel likes its Christmas everyday I drive it.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Roush05
3rd Gear Member

I think this is it in the bottom middle part of this picture. the hose comes off the throttle body elbow and goes to what looks like a bypass valve. ( http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=26 )

edit: ^^thanks man, i'm pretty excited!

Last edited by Roush05; 06-26-2011 at 02:18 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:24 PM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

I think this is it in the bottom middle part of this picture. the hose comes off the throttle body elbow and goes to what looks like a bypass valve. ( http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=26 )

edit: ^^thanks man, i'm pretty excited!
yup yup ! that's her !!
Old 06-26-2011, 02:25 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by turbo 2.8
im still using the bypass valve currently . but I have been thinking of switching to a blow through m.a.f. at which point I'll have a blow off Valve
hmmm.. my bad, I was chatting with a dude with a V3 and CXracing intercooler with a blow through design and for sure thought that was you

it's a pretty cool set up but the CAI elbow looked deformed with the added outlet for the blow off valve..

Quick Reply: Just ordered a Vortech kit!