Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate technology!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 07:43 AM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

Or just do what I did. Drop money in looks and a mean exhaust, make it look and sound mean as **** and ppl won't race you lol..

I had already made up my mind. I was going to save my money and not have to deal with payments on a new car again, but that 2013 shelby and the rumors of it having +620 hp made me love the idea of payments yet again lol..

And I'm sure with the right mods you can push that baby close to 700 easy..

JIM5.0. you need to write ford a letter, or send them the link to your post, because you aren't far from what they should do.. if they eco boost the sixxers to 400 hp, that only m eans the GT HAS TO HAVE +500 hp.. all the rumors I've been reading about could be true.. Just think about it.. 100 hp in between all types. V6 400 V8 500 Shelby/SVT 600 ..
Old 07-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Shelby305
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by eddypython
Or just do what I did. Drop money in looks and a mean exhaust, make it look and sound mean as **** and ppl won't race you lol..

I had already made up my mind. I was going to save my money and not have to deal with payments on a new car again, but that 2013 shelby and the rumors of it having +620 hp made me love the idea of payments yet again lol..

And I'm sure with the right mods you can push that baby close to 700 easy..

JIM5.0. you need to write ford a letter, or send them the link to your post, because you aren't far from what they should do.. if they eco boost the sixxers to 400 hp, that only m eans the GT HAS TO HAVE +500 hp.. all the rumors I've been reading about could be true.. Just think about it.. 100 hp in between all types. V6 400 V8 500 Shelby/SVT 600 ..
what are you talking about man!? you're scaring me!! lmao and my cars got the looks and sounds I WANT THE GO!
Old 07-21-2011, 09:05 AM
Shelby305
1st Gear Member

i hate all this eco **** man i heard there's a 500hp porsche with that eco crap and it adds 218 to the already 500 hp which makes it 718 hp and 70 MPG -____-. it's a million dollars but still lol wish i grew up around the time i was born cars seemed more simple!
Old 07-21-2011, 04:48 PM
wkayl
1st Gear Member

In the 70's I owned GTOs, a Nova, SuperBee, Challenger R/T, AAR Cuda, 390 cubic inched 67 Mustang, and some other Muscle cars. I like my air conditioned, power steered, cruise controlled, stereo FM radioed, Bluetoothed 3.7 30MPG 305 HP Black Beauty convertible.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:32 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Lifter583
I just realized Nuke's G/F must have posted this..now that's an attention getter
HAHA, sometimes mine post cool things too.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Shelby305
I don't have 6000 dollars.. im 17 just started college and struggling with unleaded fuel!! etc. etc.
The problem with being young and with a big interest in cars is that horsepower envy comes too easily, and you've got a pretty bad case of it.

Enjoy what you have, for what it is. Otherwise you'll forever be on a treadmill that never stops and you won't let yourself get off. If it makes you feel any better, your GT with its "outdated 4.6" would show its taillights to an original (as in 1969) Boss 302 in any contest you care to name. Hold onto the idea that you benefited plenty from technology.

Mongoose - you really don't want to get me started on electronic technologies that either interfere with your driving or distract you from it. If it doesn't run the engine or a simple radio/CD player, I'm probably not interested in it.

Norm
Old 07-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Shelby305
1st Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
The problem with being young and with a big interest in cars is that horsepower envy comes too easily, and you've got a pretty bad case of it.

Enjoy what you have, for what it is. Otherwise you'll forever be on a treadmill that never stops and you won't let yourself get off. If it makes you feel any better, your GT with its "outdated 4.6" would show its taillights to an original (as in 1969) Boss 302 in any contest you care to name. Hold onto the idea that you benefited plenty from technology.

Mongoose - you really don't want to get me started on electronic technologies that either interfere with your driving or distract you from it. If it doesn't run the engine or a simple radio/CD player, I'm probably not interested in it.

Norm
It's not that i don't appreciate my car i love it (maybe a bit too much) it just seems that engine displacement means nothing now a days. and if i never get off the treadmill i'll be in good shape
Old 07-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

I feel your pain OP. I got tired of my 05 sounding mean, but really being a fuel slurping ***** cat. I could have drop $5-10k into a proper FI setup, but I preferred to just start over.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by Shelby305
What the hell did they do to the new v6?? smaller engine 90 more hp? It seems like all v6 now a days have 300 hp.. Now us guys and our outdated v8 (modular) have competition with these 6 cylinders. Torque we only get us off the line a bit quicker if we can get some traction
The same thing happened in the previous gen. before the S197 came along.
That's the way progress works.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:49 PM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

That's why you pay off the GT and have money for other cool things like lap dances.

Quick Reply: I hate technology!