Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Headlamps for $22 from Parts Guy Ed!

Old 07-22-2011, 06:30 PM
scottybaccus
2nd Gear Member

Default Auto Headlamps for $22 from Parts Guy Ed!

I wanted to give props to the guys at Horizon Ford for exceeding my expectations on a recent purchase.

I bought my base model 2011 Mustang a couple of months ago and have been really happy with the car, except for one nagging thing. I am addicted to automatic headlights.
I searched around and considered the V6 Foglight kit from Starkey Products. I really should have just bought it, but I have too much on my plate to thow $300+ at my car right now. Instead, I found the headlight switch at www.partsguyed.com for $22.75. Heck! Why not?! So I ordered the switch. It came in today and I had it swapped in two minutes flat. I am happy to report that I now have fully functioning auto lamps!

Now here's the part about exceeding expectations...

I actually had another part on order and the headlight switch was a last minute add-on. I lowered my car on some Eibach springs a couple of weeks after I got it, and I had traded in my Crew Cab Silverado, so as you might imagine, I was not in the right habits for driving a lowered car. It actually took me about 48 hours to pull into a Sonic for a soda and neatly wipe out my front lip spoiler (front valance). Lucky for me, Parts Guy Ed had me covered. I was quite happy to pay the $53 price I saw on the website, but they had other things in mind. The order form is pretty insistent that you provide your VIN number to make sure you get the right part. I did, just for insurance and it paid off. They emailed me that my spoiler would only be $28 plus shipping. I didn't sweat it, and gave my OK, figuring shipping would be worse than the parts.
Both pieces came in today, costing only $65 in all. I am stoked!

Chalk one for the good guys. Horizon Ford gets my stamp of approval!

Last edited by scottybaccus; 07-22-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:27 AM
Tylus
5th Gear Member

Ed has been around the Ford forums for a long time. I've known him from when I was stationed in Seattle and had my F-150. Roughly 2006-2009 when I got out of that scene. Glad to hear he is still out there kicking and helping guys out.
Old 07-24-2011, 12:59 AM
scottybaccus
2nd Gear Member

Wyatt is one of the crew that was helping me out. I figured they were well known, but I like to call folks out for doing good, not just all the bad we hear about.

For those needing it, the part number for the switch is 9r3z-11654-ca (Motorcraft SW-6659).

To install, you just pull two screws from the lower dash cover and drop it down (3 snap in clips at the top edge), remove one screw from the lower tab of the headlight/info button panel (one sanp in clip at the top), pull the plug on the back of the headlight switch, compress 3 tension clips around the back of the switch and pull it out the front of the panel. Reverse to install. Everything worked right away, no tricks.

I went out tonight and was all giddy at my lights working all by themselves. I'm such a geek.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

How do the auto lights know when they should come on?
Old 07-24-2011, 10:35 AM
scottybaccus
2nd Gear Member

the sensor is in the center of the dash already.
Old 07-24-2011, 01:44 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by scottybaccus
the sensor is in the center of the dash already.
Thanks, I thought that was part of my alarm.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:17 PM
e-wa

Will this switch work on a 2008 Mustang?
Old 03-06-2012, 04:18 PM
swagfu
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the information Scotty. I just ordered my switch. Even though I don't have fog lights, I figured it couldn't hurt to have it for the future.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:07 AM
SOLER

Default What he said

Originally Posted by e-wa
Will this switch work on a 2008 Mustang?
I need one for my 2008 also. Then I can disconnect the headlamp/key in ignition chime for good!

SOLER
Old 05-09-2012, 10:27 AM
Tex-stang
2nd Gear Member

Sadly the site has shut down.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Auto Headlamps for $22 from Parts Guy Ed!