Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMFG SOMEONE HELP WITH TUNING!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 12:36 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I do not have a BAP. Jim Jr said unless I add the smaller pulley it's not needed with my setup. With the cams, LTs and their cai my car makes plenty of power. Adding the pulley will only put me into the danger area where I do not want to go with. Freight charges for a motor and or trans would be huge to Maui. Jdm is blown mustangs, IMO if they suggest gt500 fuel pumps then go that route. Otherwise get a tune from brenspeed or vmp.
Old 08-05-2011, 12:40 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Yeah I am thinking of getting the gt500 pumps, having JDM send me a revised tune, have it checked on a dyno and than take it from there. Or just have crazy house customs dyno tune it since they can get me in this thursday and have experience with both the gt500 fuel systems on mustangs as well as the roush m90
Old 08-05-2011, 12:48 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

I'd never run a blower again without a dyno tune. But that's just me.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:00 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I am going to call Krazy house in the morning again and see what they say as to when they could get me in and everything. They want $400 for a dyno tune, or $650 to install the gt500 pumps and dyno tune it all in the same day. I knew I shouldve just went with a dyno tune from the beginning.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:01 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

$250 to install pumps? Are you mechanically inclined? One eye ***** did a write up on the install. It really isn't that hard.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:06 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boozshey
$250 to install pumps? Are you mechanically inclined? One eye ***** did a write up on the install. It really isn't that hard.
Yeah I was going to do it myself, just sharing info. Only part I am worried about is running the power line to the front of the vehicle but I am sure I can figure it out.
Old 08-05-2011, 01:08 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

That's the easiest part. Getting the pumps in, out and then lined back up for the ring to lock is the hard part.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:09 AM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

The wiring of these pumps is cake. *****'s write up is spot on. Getting the pumps in and out is more frustrating than difficult, but only took me about ten mins to feed the new pump back into the tank. Do it yourself and save the 250 if you go that route.

Wiring up to the front was a snap.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:17 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Ok guys I thought about it today at work and I think I know what I am going to do and that is get the gt500 pumps. JDM is one of the best tuners in the country (from what I hear and others reviews) and they also specialize in my exact mods (m90 with pulley) so I feel it would be stupid if I went with a BAP and lost all connections with them. God forbid something doesnt run right or something, I always have JDM 30mins away who can help me out IF I GO WITH THE GT500 PUMPS. I have an appointment with a dyno tune from JDM for Sept.13 (they cant get me in sooner) so I am going to have them update my tune for the gt500 pumps (also their ported air box lid for 2010's) and than have it dyno checked at Krazy house performance (also in NJ) and if I dont like the way it looks I will just have Krazy house tune it right than and there.

Do you guys think this is the right decision?
Old 08-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
Ok guys I thought about it today at work and I think I know what I am going to do and that is get the gt500 pumps. JDM is one of the best tuners in the country (from what I hear and others reviews) and they also specialize in my exact mods (m90 with pulley) so I feel it would be stupid if I went with a BAP and lost all connections with them. God forbid something doesnt run right or something, I always have JDM 30mins away who can help me out IF I GO WITH THE GT500 PUMPS. I have an appointment with a dyno tune from JDM for Sept.13 (they cant get me in sooner) so I am going to have them update my tune for the gt500 pumps (also their ported air box lid for 2010's) and than have it dyno checked at Krazy house performance (also in NJ) and if I dont like the way it looks I will just have Krazy house tune it right than and there.

Do you guys think this is the right decision?
I prefer the GT500 pumps. I would make my decision on what HP level the car will be at and what duty cycle the pump and injectors are at. There are alot of people that are paranoid about overworking the stock pump with a BAP. But in reality, I have never seen a pump fail on our cars that was a BAP and a single pump. I think it's theory mixed in with a little bit of paranoia. That's just me.

I would also use tuner #1 for everything or nothing. In other words, don't partout your service work. Let one shop do everything. If JDM can do the install, tune and dyno, let them do it. You can tell them you want MAX power or moderate power and they will make it happen.

My vote is let JDM do everything.

Quick Reply: OMFG SOMEONE HELP WITH TUNING!!!!