Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

2005 - 2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by Latemodel Restoration

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 09-14-2012, 05:48 PM   #11
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang GT Premium

Hmmm, every sync option seems to work with my android based products.. It has glitches every now and then where it wont connect but it comes right back..
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

13 Mustang GT - Grabber Blue (stock... for now)
10 Mustang GT - KB (sold)
02 WRX-583HP/473lb-ft @ 30psi(my baby) (Sold)
94 Mustang 5.0 vert-Project Screwed (Sold)
03 Terminator-504HP/501lb-ft TQ@13psi(R.I.P)
93 RX7 R1- 404HP/307lb-ft TQ@15psi (Sold)
TRexGAWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:34 PM   #12
UberDuper
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: '13 GT Premium

Installed ios6 and played with it a bit. Sync wont tell you it's an incompatible phone now, but it doesn't really work. Sync does receive and display/text-to-speech the messages, but it doesn't know who it's from and the date/time is wrong. So it can't reply or call the person back.

It seems like the iphone just sends "notification alerts" to sync. I'm guessing that other alerts like Draw Something or calendar reminders would show up as well. iMessage alerts did.

You may be better off just using Siri through the bluetooth in the car to read messages if you have it. I'll have it next friday and give it a try but I don't see how you'd 'talk' to siri via the vehicle controls.
UberDuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 03:17 AM   #13
IcanDrive55
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang GT Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberDuper View Post
Installed ios6 and played with it a bit. Sync wont tell you it's an incompatible phone now, but it doesn't really work. Sync does receive and display/text-to-speech the messages, but it doesn't know who it's from and the date/time is wrong. So it can't reply or call the person back.

It seems like the iphone just sends "notification alerts" to sync. I'm guessing that other alerts like Draw Something or calendar reminders would show up as well. iMessage alerts did.

You may be better off just using Siri through the bluetooth in the car to read messages if you have it. I'll have it next friday and give it a try but I don't see how you'd 'talk' to siri via the vehicle controls.
I appreciate the update.

Andy
IcanDrive55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #14
8178A
3rd Gear Member

My Windows Mango 7.5 phone works fine with Sync. My old Windows 6 phone worked great too. I believe Sync was built for phones that meet the Bluetooth standards and there are some phone manufacturers that make up their own proprietary standards, therefor they may not work. Windows Mango 7.5 phone also works great with my Sony Bluetooth radio in my other car and my wife’s BMW Bluetooth. No problems! Pretty cool to get a Facebook message or other text message and by handsfree voice dictate a response that is converted to text and send it handsfree. Even Wozniak thinks it is a thing of beauty http://blogs.computerworld.com/20099...help_design_it

All that said, I think Windows stuff is more for the younger generation that like cool tech. It just does everything so much faster and easier without getting all wound up using different applications. Like take a picture without turning on your phone and from the same screen post it to Facebook, etc.

Brilliant Silver/Black, 5 speed manual, 3:55 gears, 18" wheels, Microsoft Sync and 93 octane tune configuration from Brenspeed. All original chalk car. Past Mustang owned, Black 07 GT Premiun, 5 speed manual.

Patiently waiting for Ford to design my next Mustang! Letís get with it Ford!

Last edited by 8178A; 09-15-2012 at 02:05 PM.
8178A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:36 PM   #15
hawkeye18
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 GT Prem.

CyanogenMod 7.2/+ works with MAP. Those of us with phones that aren't locked into a single ecosphere can take advantage of this. I.e. my two-year-old HTC Evo 4G works just great with texting via Sync!
Delivered 07MAR11
hawkeye18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:36 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2011, 2012, ford, gt, iphone, iphones, latest, messages, mustang, questions, read, sync, text, version, wont