Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shaftmaster DS and BMR Loop Install

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 11:53 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lawrencecar1
So did you ever get a replacement or stayed with stock ??
Yea wheres the update!!!
Old 12-27-2011, 12:00 AM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Does the aftermarket shaft help with the drive train slop our automatics have ? That clunk sure gets old lol.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:42 AM
SteveB_RET
1st Gear Member

I have the shaftmaster DS in my 2007 mustang GT with Automatic and no the clunk is louder. At least in the winter it is louder. But man I love it though.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:53 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Nice!
Old 12-27-2011, 06:05 AM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

I have a Shaftmaster DS, and everything is fine until I get up to 95mph, then it vibrates.

Don Walsh from WalshHighPerformance whom I trust, and did not go to for the DS, says that the problem is the adapter, and the connecting parts for the shaftmasters not being the Ford parts. He has seen this time and time again.

I wish i would have known this before I was referred to this item. These complaints are common apparently. More money burned now to do it again with a 1 pc DS that saves the same weight and doesn't have a fitment and vibration reputation. Erik
Old 12-27-2011, 06:22 AM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by eolson
I have a Shaftmaster DS, and everything is fine until I get up to 95mph, then it vibrates.

Don Walsh from WalshHighPerformance whom I trust, and did not go to for the DS, says that the problem is the adapter, and the connecting parts for the shaftmasters not being the Ford parts. He has seen this time and time again.

I wish i would have known this before I was referred to this item. These complaints are common apparently. More money burned now to do it again with a 1 pc DS that saves the same weight and doesn't have a fitment and vibration reputation. Erik
Interesting. That makes no sense to manufacture a quality drive shaft and provide sub-par connecting components. Anyone care to weigh-in on this topic with their experiences?

Last edited by kzonts; 12-27-2011 at 06:25 AM.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:38 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by eolson

Interesting.... I get a wicked vibration 110+ or so, it vibrates so bad that it makes my rear view mirror un-usable. And I have a shaftmasters... It has been shortened from the V6 length to fit my tr3650 transmission but I doubt its from being shortened since I am pretty sure it did it beforehand.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:52 AM
lawrencecar1
2nd Gear Member

Response from ShaftMasters regarding "vibration"

"We have improved internal vibration/harmonic dampening material in all of our current Mustang shafts. We have noticed shafts even run "quieter" in our balancer. Also, as is the case with all aluminum Mustang shaft manufacturers, most NVH can be attributed to improper pinion angle setting, installation of "rigid" rear suspension modifications, improper shaft installation or all three.
Our aluminum Mustang shafts are the only True Direct Bolt In shafts on the market and also the only ones with a 30 Day No Questions Asked Money Back Guarantee."
Old 12-27-2011, 12:01 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lawrencecar1
Response from ShaftMasters regarding "vibration"

"We have improved internal vibration/harmonic dampening material in all of our current Mustang shafts. We have noticed shafts even run "quieter" in our balancer. Also, as is the case with all aluminum Mustang shaft manufacturers, most NVH can be attributed to improper pinion angle setting, installation of "rigid" rear suspension modifications, improper shaft installation or all three.
Our aluminum Mustang shafts are the only True Direct Bolt In shafts on the market and also the only ones with a 30 Day No Questions Asked Money Back Guarantee."
Maybe my issue is from having "rigid" rear suspension modification...

After market shocks, springs, UCA, LCA, LCA relocation brackets, and adj. PHB...
Old 12-27-2011, 12:22 PM
JimC

I have been running a Shaftmasters for several years now, and over 100,000 miles. No vibration on mine. And at the track I have had the car up to 110 with no issues. On the highway I can accelerate on the on ramp up to 80 with ease, and all is smooth.

Quick Reply: Shaftmaster DS and BMR Loop Install