Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Potential 06' Mustang GT owner,help por favor.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 07:42 PM
Robert's Stag

Default Potential 06' Mustang GT owner,help por favor.

I'm looking to buy this car
06' GT,5-spd
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...&&aff=national

How long do these v8's last? Realistically, 100k? 150k?

Are those covers on the rear windows OEM? Are there copys out there? If so how can I tell if they are OEM?

Any tips when looking at the car to see if it's been in any accident?

Thanks,
Robert-hopefully soon to be Mustang owner!

Old 08-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I think the asking price is high for the mileage but the car looks clean fromwhat I can tell.

A few folks have over 150k miles with only minor issues not including the laundry list of TSB's on these S197's.

Those covers are likely NOT OEM, but then, about 90% of those of us with quarter window louvers don't have OEM.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:59 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

I think it all depends on how well taken care of the car was. Oil changes kept up, routine maintenance, etc. I'd bet these cars will last up to 200k if kept up
Old 08-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Robert's Stag

Thanks for the input fellas! Shucks. Is there a way to tell if the window covers are OEM? Where would part no.s be located on such a part?

What's a good price to offer that you'd buy the car for? $14k?

Thanks again
Robert
Old 08-07-2011, 08:12 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

I'd probably offer 13k at the dealership. I'd sell you my car the way it sits for $14k.
Old 08-07-2011, 08:19 PM
Robert's Stag

Thank you for the advice.

Is there a sticker on the trunk to see what options the car came with from the dealership? Also is there a list compiled online where I can identify the codes?
Old 08-07-2011, 08:33 PM
HenryinFlorida
1st Gear Member

First off you must get a carfax and have the car inspected by a mechanic of your choice, ane they should have the ability to put it on a computer analyzer. Additionally, you should consider getting an extended warranty, but just don't pay a dealer what they ask for one. They will always ask for more than they can be purchased for.

Additionally, if you get the VIN from the dealer, you can look up teh original build and get a copy of the window sticker for Ford.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:29 PM
aero86
2nd Gear Member

well, if the newer 4.6's were built like the older 2v.. then ive seen plenty of those around 200k... sure, they were leaking, but, they were still running quietly...
Old 08-07-2011, 10:23 PM
edcologne
2nd Gear Member

Unhappy

Originally Posted by HenryinFlorida
First off you must get a carfax and have the car inspected by a mechanic of your choice, ane they should have the ability to put it on a computer analyzer. Additionally, you should consider getting an extended warranty, but just don't pay a dealer what they ask for one. They will always ask for more than they can be purchased for.

Additionally, if you get the VIN from the dealer, you can look up teh original build and get a copy of the window sticker for Ford.

you're sure about that? got a 06 ealier this year, my ford dealer told me he cannot look up the window sticker, would like to have a copy

i also found web links in this forum and otherrs where one supposingly could look up the sticker, didn't work for me, i assume it only goes back so many years but not far enough to look up (my?) 06.

any suggestion, advice welcome
Old 08-07-2011, 10:27 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
2nd Gear Member

Nice stang. The kbb value is around 19k so it might be hard to talk the dealer down from that price...i'm thinking 15k will be their lowest.

Quick Reply: Potential 06' Mustang GT owner,help por favor.