Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what would win mustang gt or cobalt ss?

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 09:15 PM
oldlugs
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by silentbob00
I really don't care, it's a cavalier with a new name and boost. I'd happily lose in a Mustang than drive a economy "sports" car.
..and which do you think the ladies would rather ride in..?
Hint: it's not the Coblot.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:32 PM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

Ugh, Cobalts can be fast but damn they sound like chainsaws on steroids having sex with lawnmowers on steroids amplified by a bullhorn.

A neighbor's son down my road drives his Cobalt by my house riding 1st gear @ 30 down the entire length of the street because he either thinks it is intimidating or I might be impressed.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:44 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

The real question is how many stickers are on the slow-balt? LOL
Old 08-12-2011, 10:51 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

IDK about the three valve cars. One of the guys in my local stang club moved up from a turbo Cobalt SS that was modded to a 5.0. He talked a lot of crap before he test drove a 5.0, mostly to crap on the stang. funny thing is he traded the cobalt in right then. One of his buddies has a SC swapped cobalt with loads of money thrown at it running on e85. the balt has something like 400fwhp.

the dude races from a roll bc the torque steer so so bad it cant be driven from a launch (at least by him). the other dudes 5.0 has cat backs, CAI and a tune on it. The modded balt is many car lengths back. and was one car back when the 5.0 was stock and the balt was on pump gas.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:39 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

The new 5.0 will have it for lunch!
Old 08-13-2011, 04:51 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
It depends, is the Cobalt a SC or TC?
The TC is quite a bit faster than the SC.
Yup...they also have a n/a 2.4 ss which is just slow. It should've been named something else.

A tune and intake TC will put down 300+ in a 2900lb package so they're pretty quick. The four door TC when debadged looks just like the 2.2 rental version unless you know what to look for...cool little sleeper IMO.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:36 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Seeing as OP hasn't responded yet to the questions on what year the GT is, if it's stock, what else is done to the Cobalt, etc, etc tells me that he's a troll.

Those Cobalts are fast little cars, problem is that it's a Cobalt. I love the Neon SRT4 owners that claim they have an SRT4 but never put the Neon in front of it haha. It could put down 500 horses to the wheel and it still wouldn't matter, still a Cobalt. Oldlugs couldn't have said it better- Which do you think women want to ride in more? haha
Old 08-13-2011, 06:15 PM
andrew940b

his is super charged mine just has sl exhaust and its short shift like the shift thingy isnt the stock one and i think il kick his *** in the beginning but if we go past 1/4 i think he will beat me but im getting a turbo put in it next month so after that i dont think he will beat me
Old 08-13-2011, 11:47 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

If you don't know anything about shifters, I wouldn't recommend going forced induction...the "little shifty thing" will be harder for you to get used to.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by andrew940b
his is super charged mine just has sl exhaust and its short shift like the shift thingy isnt the stock one and i think il kick his *** in the beginning but if we go past 1/4 i think he will beat me but im getting a turbo put in it next month so after that i dont think he will beat me
Whatever...it's obvious you're a troll.
Or some 16 year old from the Cobalt forum coming here to test the waters and find out how your car might do against a Mustang.

People who are serious just don't "get a turbo put in it next month", that's far too generalized.

Quick Reply: what would win mustang gt or cobalt ss?