Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Next mod!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by usc49erfan
I would check a muffler shop and see how much they would charge for a dual kit. Don't quote me on this but I would not think it would be too much. As for the mufflers I personally would not waste your money on the axleback, since the SLP is a bullet/resonator style muffler. If you go to a muffler shop they can simply cut out a piece of the existing pipe, place the SLP in there and weld it back together. This will be a lot cheaper than paying around $350 for basically a pair of tips. Here is the link for the resonators, basically the same thing as the loudmouth just cheaper

http://www.americanmuscle.com/slp-lo...esonators.html

Note: yes I know it says for 79-04, but as long as the V6 has the same 2.5" pipe the GT's do then this will fit.
I disagree with this as well.
The SLP's sound MUCH cleaner than chopping your mufflers.
MUCH CLEANER.

The SLP and other aftermarket straight through designs are not just a muffler chop off. They are designed differently in shape and in thickness, and make, and give a DIFFERENT sound.
I've heard the difference for myself numerous times and there are MANY guys that end up regretting chopping the muffler and trying to go that way.

I think this is a recipe for regret unless you care NOTHING for how clean the car sounds whatsoever.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 08-23-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:52 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Definitely think Blacksmoke is right about the exhaust. If you don't agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjEMe...uR_bBQ&index=9
Old 08-24-2011, 05:05 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

:P !!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:48 PM
usc49erfan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
I disagree with this as well.
The SLP's sound MUCH cleaner than chopping your mufflers.
MUCH CLEANER.

The SLP and other aftermarket straight through designs are not just a muffler chop off. They are designed differently in shape and in thickness, and make, and give a DIFFERENT sound.
I've heard the difference for myself numerous times and there are MANY guys that end up regretting chopping the muffler and trying to go that way.

I think this is a recipe for regret unless you care NOTHING for how clean the car sounds whatsoever.
I wasn't saying chopping the muflers, I guess to say what I was saying in shorter words is to buy the resonators, from SLP, rather than the loudmouth axelback. Axle back and cat back systems, to me are a waist of money when you are paying to repipe the already existing piping. The only thing I was saying to "chop" is the section in piping that will have the muffler placed in
Old 08-24-2011, 06:59 PM
boss hoss
2nd Gear Member

your next mod should be getting a GT... if your making payments on your current car.. pro's vs con's and go for it.. good deals out there on GT's and youll get everything you are looking for and more..
Old 08-24-2011, 07:13 PM
gtjoseph

Go with the CAI. You already have the mod might as well complete the puzzle. The Steeda is a very good one to get. It will give you some great added power and allow you to save some money down the road.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:36 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Can everyone see this thread? I can post replies on the first page but the second page wont load after the post OR if I click the 2nd page button.
I tried closing and opening the browser.

Please private msg me if you have a suggestion on how to fix this.
Old 08-24-2011, 07:37 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I got an email of someones reply and it said his next mod should be a GT.

I think if he could afford one AND if he wanted one he would get one.
He is asking mods for his current car.
That was a little rude to post that lol
Old 08-24-2011, 08:17 PM
boss hoss
2nd Gear Member

just thinking his ultimate goal is power... at the end of his quest he will probably exceed the cost of a GT and only be close to the power and torque... there are plenty of GT's that have become affordable with the birth of the 5.0 .. pro's vs con's.. end goal and see where it leaves you.. you might actually end up spending more than a GT and still not be satisfied.. at that point you will start looking into a different car and will have invested so much time and money that you will find yourself stuck because you are so vested into your current ride.. but like smoke said, maybe you don't want a GT... but then you really wouldnt be trying to build your powerplant..ugghhh... im getting confused... i need another beer.. or how bout a 2011-12 v6? btw, i am not trying to knock your car or your motives..these are my opinions..i do appoligize if i offended thee..
Old 08-25-2011, 03:25 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

Getting a GT is out of my range right now. This car is completely paid for. No payments whatsoever.
Cars are much much more expensive here in Nebraska than other parts of the US. What I paid for my v6, I could have paid for a GT in cali...kind of depressing. Oh well.

I won't be getting a GT until I'm out of college, and get a job with my nice shiney degree. So give me 2-3 years...

As for mods,
I have heard SO many different opinions, I frankly have no idea where to go.
I've heard stick with the GT takeoff, I've heard cut the pipes and put resonators in, I've heard SLP, I've heard cut the mufflers and run straight-pipes....
I have no idea where to go with that now.

So I'll ask this.
What is the Best and Loudest AND CHEAPEST (Yes, mixture of both loud and best. I realize I can't have THE loudest, and THE best at the same time, happy middle?). exhaust setup I can have. WITHOUT converting to duals. (Not a shop around me has quoted me anything under 400 for a custom. And they say 1-200 for an install. So I'll be looking around 600 no matter what I do, I don't want to pay that.)

Quick Reply: Next mod!