Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horsepower Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 11:27 AM
keester
2nd Gear Member

Default Horsepower Question

Picking up My car from the shop after work today.
A rodent had chewed the wires that control the charge motion plates before I got it. I have never driven My car with the charge motion plates working correctly.
Any guesses on how much HP I was losing. Just curious.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:28 PM
chris09
2nd Gear Member

were they stuck closed? if so im guessing alot. if open then nothing. the plates cover almost half of the runners.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:58 PM
keester
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by chris09
were they stuck closed? if so im guessing alot. if open then nothing. the plates cover almost half of the runners.
They were stuck closed. That's what i figured too. If putting on the delete plates are good for 10 HP(so I've read), should be alot more. I am really looking forward to driving it today to feel the difference. Then get the CAI & tune back on board & then I get My 4:10's installed Friday.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:08 PM
chris09
2nd Gear Member

nice. then you should have a whole new car. just checking but are they tuning it for the delete plates? i hope so because you cant drive it without updating the tune. big no-no, plus it will be throwing engine lights and driving like **** still. good luck.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:15 PM
chris09
2nd Gear Member

ops, read that wrong. thought you were getting plates put in. the 10 or so hp gain is from the air not having to go around the butterflys. kinda like individual throtle bodys inside each of the runners. take out the shaft and the blade and it smooths things up alot. but if you going from stuck closed to fully functioning then yes its going to be a world of a difference. probably like you just bolted on a blower. so its been messed up the whole time you owned the car? check engine lights? and horable performance? if so bummer, and im glad you got it fixed. when do you pick it up? and the 4.10's are great. combined it will blow you mind. just make sure you hands are fast, because you are going to be going thru the gears like its nobodys buissnes.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:59 PM
keester
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by chris09
ops, read that wrong. thought you were getting plates put in. the 10 or so hp gain is from the air not having to go around the butterflys. kinda like individual throtle bodys inside each of the runners. take out the shaft and the blade and it smooths things up alot. but if you going from stuck closed to fully functioning then yes its going to be a world of a difference. probably like you just bolted on a blower. so its been messed up the whole time you owned the car? check engine lights? and horable performance? if so bummer, and im glad you got it fixed. when do you pick it up? and the 4.10's are great. combined it will blow you mind. just make sure you hands are fast, because you are going to be going thru the gears like its nobodys buissnes.
Heading over to pick it up in about an hour.
I pretty sure it has been like this since I got it in April 2010. I will let you know after the drive home. Never once had a check engine light. I always wondered if it was right. Just did not seem that quick. Performance was about the same as my wife's V6 Accord. I could stay with her getting on the freeway but could not gain on her. Just thought I got unlucky. Looking forward to the drive home. I will keep you posted.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:08 PM
keester
2nd Gear Member

HOLY COW!!!!! I cannot believe the difference. WOWWWWWW!!!
@Chris09 you were right on the money. I cannot believe I drove it like that for 17 months. I often thought something was not right, but were do you start. It is a totally different car.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:56 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Like getting a new car?
Old 08-23-2011, 09:12 PM
keester
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
Like getting a new car?
You are not kidding. I feel like the kid who opened a Wonka bar and got the golden ticket.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:13 AM
chris09
2nd Gear Member

now throw on that CAI and tuner and get those 4.10's in and it will be the same thing all over again. makes for a much more fun car to drive. glad it all worked out. just make sure you keep some tissues in the car to clean up after.

Quick Reply: Horsepower Question