Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any way to "cheat" inspection?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 05:40 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I know you guys have been telling me this, but its NOT what JDM is telling me so I am stuck between 2 great deals of advice lol. I sent JDM an email asking if they can turn my rear 02's on and if they do I am going to try the anti fouler trick. All I have to do is once a year put the anti foulers on and turn the rear 02's on to pass inspection I should be good. If JDM cant turn the rear 02's on I WILL BE PISSED!!!!! If they respond and say yes they can do it I will order the cats and anti foulers tomorrow
Old 08-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
I know you guys have been telling me this, but its NOT what JDM is telling me so I am stuck between 2 great deals of advice lol. I sent JDM an email asking if they can turn my rear 02's on and if they do I am going to try the anti fouler trick. All I have to do is once a year put the anti foulers on and turn the rear 02's on to pass inspection I should be good. If JDM cant turn the rear 02's on I WILL BE PISSED!!!!! If they respond and say yes they can do it I will order the cats and anti foulers tomorrow
If they say no, I think you should be able to buy your cats from Brenspeed and have them build you an emissions tune for free. It will be completely different from your JDM tune, but you'd only need it once a year.
Old 08-25-2011, 05:56 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Exactly all I need is for this tune to be on for 3 days out of the whole year just to pass inspection. If JDM does turn them on for me I am going to order the cats and foulers, try with both of them installed and see if it throws a code. If it does throw a code I have no choice but to remove the headers, but I am hoping all will be good.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Conn337
1st Gear Member

I would just move.. we dont have these psycho tests in Kentucky
Old 08-25-2011, 06:58 PM
autos221
2nd Gear Member

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-how...ouler-how.html
You're Welcome
Old 08-25-2011, 07:10 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Autos221 have you tried this before? This is what I was going to try when JDM turns my rear 02's on. I was thinking about adding the cats anyway though to tone down the exhaust a bit, but in the mean time I would just like to get the inspection issue out of the way.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:56 PM
Rocket Ray
2nd Gear Member

I wish you luck. I have never been able to pass NYS inspection with anything other than my stock tune. Yes, I asked Brenspeed to write an emissions friendly tune with the rear O2 sensors on, and they did. Still won't pass. After failing two years in a row with two different "emissions friendly" tunes, I now just put the stock tune in, drive it for a while and then have it inspected. Let me know how you make out, mine always read "sensors not ready" even after driving it 150 miles. It isn't simply the rear O2 sensors.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:14 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Ray what mods do you have?
Old 08-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Rocket Ray
2nd Gear Member

The only mods I have are a CAI, tune, and FRPP axle back mufflers. I have tried tunes from VMP and Brenspeed, specifically asking for emissions friendly tunes with the rear O2 sensors turned on. Neither passed. Each year I take off the CAI, put my stock air filter on, reload the stock tune, and get the car inspected. Getting it done today as a matter of fact. Last year I even called Brenspeed and talked at length with a technician. I finally decided that it is easier just to switch back to stock than to keep taking it even 3 or 4 times before I got the sticker.
Has anyone given any thought to photoshopping the NYS inspection sticker?
Old 08-26-2011, 08:34 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
. First few times I went I failed, and then came to find out that despite mentioning I have to go through inspection, Brenspeed turned my rear O2's off in their tune. They wanted like 20 or 30 to turn them back on, but reminded them of my original request.
Brenspeed is pretty bad about this... Mines in the same boat, I was data logging and discovered mine were not working, called them and was like WTF, I wanted this working, they said to call back when its time to go though inspection :-|

Originally Posted by Rocket Ray
"sensors not ready" even after driving it 150 miles. It isn't simply the rear O2 sensors.
Do us a favor, go to your car with a laptop and your tuner, attempt to data log the rear O2s, see if there actualy on, or if you just get nothing but zero values.

People need to know they can find out before they go in if there going to fail for O2 readiness. All you need is your tuner, a usb cable (for SCT anyway), and a laptop with there software you get for free. I dont recall the exact name of the sensor but its easy enough to find when poking through the availables.

Last edited by JDWalton; 08-26-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Any way to "cheat" inspection?