Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang revs itself

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Sp3kter
1st Gear Member

Default Mustang revs itself

Hi.

I recently had the Stage 0 E-Force package from Brenspeed installed on my car. The car ran like a champ and made 420whp and 405wtq. About a week ago the car started to just rev itself and accelerate by itself I had two codes come up P2104 and P2112. I bought a whole new throttle body from ford and swapped all the electronics and I even swapped the accelerator pedal this did not help. i also cleaned the edelbrock throttle body and the MAF and still the same issue. If anyone has any suggestions or had the same issue please leave a comment.
Thank You.

Mods: Brenspeed E-Force Stage 0 (6psi), LCA, 4.10 gears and pypes bomb axleback.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:34 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

re-tune ?
Old 08-25-2011, 11:32 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I would think maybe a tune issue or something with the electronics on the throttle body. When you say you "swapped" electronics does that mean you swapped them from the old throttle body to the new, or you got all new electronics?
Old 08-26-2011, 02:43 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

I had surging like you describe when we got cams and a new tune.
We got the tune adjusted and it solved the problem.

Sounds like you need a tune adjustment as others in this thread said.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:33 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

oh man...and a CS! pics please
Old 08-26-2011, 08:43 AM
JDWalton
5th Gear Member

revs itself, like sitting at idle? Where does it do it and when? Does it rev itself then fall off and die?

If it is right at idle and just runs away, sounds like tune, too much idle air or something.

If it Starts and shoots way up, then starts to idle down, run like poop and then die, vacume leak.

GL, let us know.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by JDWalton

If it Starts and shoots way up, then starts to idle down, run like poop and then die, vacume leak.

GL, let us know.
I had major surges with my tune problem and it acted like it wanted to die but did not. I though it might be a vacuum leak too.
But this is not always true with that kind of surge.
Old 08-26-2011, 03:27 PM
05slpGT
3rd Gear Member

I had this same problem, i think i still have a video of my car accelerating itself when i would put it into gear, it was pretty creepy. I went to get it dyno tuned and the throttle body was trash, they replaced it and tuned the car and its been driving fine ever since. I suggest dynoing it before you break any more throttle bodies.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Sp3kter
1st Gear Member

I swapped all the old electronics with new ones and it did not resolve the problem. The car will sit at idel speed rev up to like 4500 than almost stall. it will drive ok for a while than do the same thing. When this is hapening if I am in gear the car accelerates by itself untill I pop it into neutral than it will go up to 4500 or so sit thare for a while and almost stall.

I will post pics of the car and the kit. i dont thunk it is the tune since it ran for about a month and a half just fine with the Brenspeed tune. I was told tahat edwlbrock had some faulty throttlebodys with the E-Force Kits.

Guys sorry for any bad spelling this is my third language.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:28 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Who installed it, brenspeed? If so I would contact them or just bring it to them. If its not a tune issue than I'm sure they would help you out if the work was done by them.

Quick Reply: Mustang revs itself