Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random topic: Has anyone come from a BMW/Benz/Audi/Lexus to a Mustang?

Old 09-14-2011, 03:40 AM
OhEightGT
2nd Gear Member

Personally, I don't own and have never owned any of those cars... But that being said, my mother recently bought a new BMW 3 series, and I have driven it probably 10 times or so. It is a VERY nice car, and is gorgeous. Anyone that would say the Mustangs are as comfortable/have the same feel as those cars would be (in my opinion) stretching the truth a little bit. That would be like saying my car can do the work of a pickup. It's just not true and it was never intended to be that type of vehicle. Those were built specifically for that niche, and the Mustang obviously was not. But that being said, my GT is amazingly close in comfort, and is MUCH funner to drive. People that put their noses up to these cars have no idea how well they are built and how close Ford has them in comfort, options, and build quality to the much more expensive luxury cars. And these cars are MUCH funner to drive!

That being said, my aunt has one of the new Taurus SHO's (I've only driven it once). That car is much more comfortable, and much nicer overall (in my opinion) than my mom's BMW. And almost as fun as my car I love European cars, and many of them are real performers and nothing to laugh at. But Ford has no problems keeping up (or being damn close to doing so) on every level, for far less money, if you ask me.

Last edited by OhEightGT; 09-14-2011 at 03:43 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:36 PM
xxlcobra

I have owned 4 bmw's, 3 Lexus cars, and many Mercedes. None of them give me the thrill of my mustangs. Now here is the kicker, I would only buy ford mustangs or f150!
My mustang is the most fun I ever had until I drove a 2006 Pontiac GTO today. Damnnnnnn that car was amazing.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:16 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Originally Posted by Heiko
You have to mention though that Top Gear gave the Roush Mustang GT credits for being quite a bit faster around the track than the stock GT 500.

Cool that there is no hate here in this thread!
It was the Stage 3 Roush with suspension mods and supercharger...
Not modified by Ford, so it just shows further more that Limey Boy doesn't know jack about cars.

While the GT500 wasn't built for the road course, mount the right suspension on it and it will be a different tune.
Also, if I'm not mistaken, the Roush 3 retailed at about $65K while the 500 was in the low $40K (after they dropped the dealer mark ups).
So you have 25 Grands to make the 500 handle better and shave some of its weight... Very doable, lol.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:23 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xxlcobra
My mustang is the most fun I ever had until I drove a 2006 Pontiac GTO today. Damnnnnnn that car was amazing.
Same here. My friend has the LS2 version and that thing has some ***** for a completely stock car
Old 09-15-2011, 07:57 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Has anyone went from Mustang to M5.....as in BMW M5? Heehee......
Old 09-15-2011, 08:12 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

But after all is said and done, I still love the Porsche
Old 09-15-2011, 09:11 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
But after all is said and done, I still love the Porsche
One day I want to find myself in a Panamera...yeah it's a Sedan but I mean damn, it can take some lambos on the track. What a sweet car.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:43 PM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

I went from a Mustang GT to a BMW 335i sport 6 speed, and back to a Mustang GT. The BMW is nice, comfortable, solid, quick with the twin turbo, awesome breaks, great suspension...

BUT

It's missing something that the Mustang has, a *soul* I guess. There's just something special about our cars. The noise, the attitude, cool factor. Add the scream of a blower and rumble of a good exhaust system, and I'd still take my Mustang over the BMW any day.
Old 09-16-2011, 05:32 AM
xxlcobra

After having a Cayenne S, I can say that porsches are fast, but i think the fear of what that service tag looks like separates it from the ford. I love my foreign cars but maintenance is way over the top in comparison to our Stangs. It's scary going in for service because you literally may hear a number that will make you sick.
Old 09-17-2011, 08:44 PM
ztlm

I just went from a 2010 BMW M3 to a 2012 Mustang GT. The M3 was a great car. Outstanding engine, incredibly fast dual clutch transmission, great handing and interior.

But, no dipstck, $900 dollars to change the transmission fluid, if you could get a dealer to do it since it is "lifetime fill." Once the warranty is over and free maintenance has ended, I would be shelling out big bucks for maintenance and repairs.

I love my Mustang. Power, acceleration just as good as the M3, plus more torque. I love the six speed manual and the involvement in driving the car. Blown away by all the modifications available. Already have added aeroforce dual gauges and Ford Racing differential cover. Plan to install the MGW shifter. Sure the interior is not as nice, but for half the price I could not be happier.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Random topic: Has anyone come from a BMW/Benz/Audi/Lexus to a Mustang?