Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang got hit :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 01:05 PM
BeachBlv
2nd Gear Member

Default Mustang got hit :(

I was sitting at a stoplight yesterday and I heard squealing tires and felt the car jerk. It was a teenage girl about my age (19) that hit me in a jeep liberty. I yelled at first but then I calmed down after she apologized. What I am curious about is if they are going to have to repaint the whole rear quarter or not. I want it fixed perfectly, I just bought it less than 2 months ago, and I just put GT bumpers on it less than a week ago. I was about to go get GT mufflers right after it happened...

Old 09-21-2011, 01:17 PM
v6motorheadftop
2nd Gear Member

they will definately have to fix the dent. Looks like it might be repairable with an air hammer, not sure how you would get back there. I would guess if they can pull the dent out somehow, they would only need to repaint probably up to the fuel cover, in order to blend it a little bit
Old 09-21-2011, 01:17 PM
modru2004
2nd Gear Member

should only have to have the bumper fixed and repainted if the only damage was to your bumper as it looks like in the pictures.

i know when i had my fender and bumper damaged they replaced the fender, fixed the bumper and painted both and it came out looking like it did off the show room floor. paint matches perfectly.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

That is terrible!
Especially since you JUST put on that rear bumper.
Maybe you could trade up for a CS/GT500 rear bumper?
Good luck with the repairs.
Old 09-21-2011, 02:36 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

That dent is fixable, and if the paint isn't bad, they might not even re-paint it. If they have to, they should repaint the whole 1/4, which might involve (should involve) taking the whole 1/4 off. You should get a new bumper, and have it sprayed, and all of it should be covered by insurance. Do not let them only paint part of the 1/4 if it needs to be painted. It won't look right, especially on a black car. Just hope that nothing internal got damaged, because then you will have a hell of a fight with insurance when you realize something underneath is banged up in a few months time. Good luck with the repairs!
Old 09-21-2011, 02:58 PM
CincyGT2009
2nd Gear Member

^ the quarter cannot be "taken off", just FYI. That outer skin extends all the way to to the base of the windshield and all through the door jamb and on down to the rocker panel.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:53 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

It could have been a lot worse man, glad you are okay and everything should be fixed with no problems!
Old 09-21-2011, 04:11 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

You're in virtually the same situation as me,
except you have her insurance info and can charge her for it.
:/
Old 09-21-2011, 04:26 PM
BeachBlv
2nd Gear Member

Yeah it sucks guys, I went to the body shop and they said that they would have to repaint the whole quarter panel. He said they would have to pull out the dent, do some metal refinishing and put a thin layer of bondo on it. As for the bumper he said they would do a new GT bumper, but I asked how much more a california special one would be. He asked the parts guy and he said there wasn't one available for for my car.. I will do some digging and get the part numbers and stuff and see whats up. I don't think it should be much more expensive than a GT bumper. They will need the car for 4 days and the total is $1,338 bucks.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:28 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BeachBlv
Yeah it sucks guys, I went to the body shop and they said that they would have to repaint the whole quarter panel. He said they would have to pull out the dent, do some metal refinishing and put a thin layer of bondo on it. As for the bumper he said they would do a new GT bumper, but I asked how much more a california special one would be. He asked the parts guy and he said there wasn't one available for for my car.. I will do some digging and get the part numbers and stuff and see whats up. I don't think it should be much more expensive than a GT bumper. They will need the car for 4 days and the total is $1,338 bucks.
Really? I've been quoted 1,200 for some quarter panel repair, plus a rapaint of the v6 bumper...not an entirely new bumper.
Hrm.

Quick Reply: Mustang got hit :(