Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wish list for my 2012 GT Premium

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 10:06 AM
flash gordon
2nd Gear Member

Default Wish list for my 2012 GT Premium

After having my car for some time, my wish list for the 2012 GT Premium are as follows:

1. Ventilated seats, this would cool the driver in the summer. Ford offers that in the Taurus.

2. Fold back side mirrors, many cars have these standard features so that the mirror folds back upon impact. Save us a bundle of money!

3. Keyless start button, again this is pretty standard feature for cars pushing 40K!

4. Power seat back adjustment, the manual adjustment is really ancient for a car at this price.

5. Telescopic steering wheel adjustment

These are the major items that I wish Ford would offer them as options and standard features. What's your wish list?
Old 09-22-2011, 01:00 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

Free 2013 Premium GT500's for all 2006 v6 Satin Silver owners with under 40k miles.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:01 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I definitely agree with you on the telescopic steering wheel, but heres a hint on why they dont offer a power seat back adjustment..... Imagine having to let someone in you back seat and have to wait ALLLLLL that time for the slow a$$ electric recline to come ALLLLL the way forward....... With the little handle thingy on the back all you do is push it up and the seat comes forward right away.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:47 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

-Paddle shifters for the automatic. I just don't understand why they don't for a car made in 2011.

-Better sound system with the Shaker 500. The Mach 460 in the New Edge stangs sound a LOT better stock.

-Use the soft surface they use on the dash ALL around the interior of the car, like on the door panels.

-Better storage compartments. The door compartments are basically useless for anything.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:53 PM
flash gordon
2nd Gear Member

Oh yea, I fogot to add to the power seats. There should be memory settings for the power seats so that you don't have to re-adjust the seating position, which is not easy sometimes, after another person has adjusted the seat. This is a fairly common feature in many cars. My daily driver G35X has most of the options/features that I have listed sans ventilated seat, telescopic steering wheel.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:08 PM
knightryder
1st Gear Member

I'd like to see heated side mirrors. Some of us do drive our Mustangs during the winter.
Old 09-22-2011, 10:19 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tightdogal
-Paddle shifters for the automatic. I just don't understand why they don't for a car made in 2011.
They're a waste IMO. Nothing more than a novelty

This isn't a GT-R or Ferrari trans we're talking about either with a double clutch trans. I played with the paddle shifters in a 2010 Lexus IS350 and it was fun... for about 15 mins.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:33 AM
Thrashard340
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by flash gordon
After having my car for some time, my wish list for the 2012 GT Premium are as follows:

1. Ventilated seats, this would cool the driver in the summer. Ford offers that in the Taurus.

2. Fold back side mirrors, many cars have these standard features so that the mirror folds back upon impact. Save us a bundle of money!

3. Keyless start button, again this is pretty standard feature for cars pushing 40K!

4. Power seat back adjustment, the manual adjustment is really ancient for a car at this price.

5. Telescopic steering wheel adjustment

These are the major items that I wish Ford would offer them as options and standard features. What's your wish list?
These are all pretty good, and yeah, I do agree that we need seat memory. I even asked about telescoping wheel when I bought mine (short legs, long arms *sigh*
Old 09-23-2011, 12:36 AM
Thrashard340
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Alec
They're a waste IMO. Nothing more than a novelty

This isn't a GT-R or Ferrari trans we're talking about either with a double clutch trans. I played with the paddle shifters in a 2010 Lexus IS350 and it was fun... for about 15 mins.
I think auto Mustangs deserve this feature. Paddle shifters were pioneered in F1 and Indy. There's a benefit there, otherwise, why would these high end race car teams waste their time on them.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:57 AM
goodfun_gt
2nd Gear Member

Last time I was at the dealership getting my lower control arms replaced, I checked out the Taurus SHO. I loved the interior 10x more than my premium GT. Had many features I wish mine had.

Features of Taurus SHO:
-Paddle Shifters! (fun factor)
-Ventilated Seats
-Adjustable Foot Pedals
-Seat Memory (which was cool seeing it transform at the touch of a button)
-Blind Spot Icons on side mirrors that illuminate when vehicles are present

Don't know if it had a telescoping steering wheel but I do wish it were on my Mustang. I do remember reading the tires sidewall and it has wider tires than my 18" factory wheels!

If I had a family and had to give up the Mustang, I'd most likely get the Taurus SHO. 4 door, AWD, twin turbo.

Quick Reply: Wish list for my 2012 GT Premium