Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike rack on a mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 10:42 AM
S197steve
4th Gear Member

To all those out there raining on the bike rack parade...

With DRs on, I can still get to 60mph in less than 4.5 seconds with a bike rack (and bike) on the back of my GT. :-)

It's not the prettiest thing in the world, I'll give you that... but it's not designed to be pretty. It serves a very practical utilitarian purpose and is only on the car when it's needed. Not like I go to car meets with a bike rack on the GT. :-0

Now the big question is how many blankets do you put on the inside of your car to make sure the interior stays clean if you just rode a mudfest! :-)
Old 09-28-2011, 11:59 AM
cdlax93

Originally Posted by S197steve
To all those out there raining on the bike rack parade...

With DRs on, I can still get to 60mph in less than 4.5 seconds with a bike rack (and bike) on the back of my GT. :-)

It's not the prettiest thing in the world, I'll give you that... but it's not designed to be pretty. It serves a very practical utilitarian purpose and is only on the car when it's needed. Not like I go to car meets with a bike rack on the GT. :-0

Now the big question is how many blankets do you put on the inside of your car to make sure the interior stays clean if you just rode a mudfest! :-)
hahahahaha
Old 09-28-2011, 12:27 PM
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

Maybe this Vet will take your mind off bike racks
Old 09-28-2011, 12:37 PM
cdlax93

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Chromeshadow

Maybe this Vet will take your mind off bike racks
wow ha thats too much
Old 09-28-2011, 01:53 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Moving your stereo equipment each time you went for a bike ride would be a pain in the a$$. Regardless, with the seats folded down, I don't think you could fit more than one mountain bike in the trunk/back seat area. Maybe a kids toddler bike?! LOL
Old 09-28-2011, 04:49 PM
wanakanabe
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AzPete
Finally took some pics so you all can see how terrible I am ruining my Mustang...lol.....also, notice the handicap plates......we even get crap locally for driving a sports car with these plates. People are really out there sometimes.

Handycapped! You know how much these cars cost??How can a handycapped guy afford one of these beauties when your handycapped?I mean come on man,shouldn't you be driving like a lift gate minivan or something?!
Dang your gonna scrape up the paint with your crutches or chair,man what a waste on a sports car like that! Geezzzz....

j/k of course
Old 09-28-2011, 05:52 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Yep.....really sucks to be beat by an old man with handicap plates towing a trailer.....lol
Old 09-28-2011, 07:27 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

I don't know what it is lately that some people just have no manners/respect. It is not your car nor mine. If someone chooses to put a bike rack on their car so be it, that doesn't take off that it is still a mustang nor does it degrade the car. It just shows that the person driving it likes to exercise or ride on trails. Someone has to be immature to call someone "gay" etc on putting a bike rack on their mustang. I myself am a teenager and I have enough respect to honor everyone's choices.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:35 PM
scott4.6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang0672
I don't know what it is lately that some people just have no manners/respect. It is not your car nor mine. If someone chooses to put a bike rack on their car so be it, that doesn't take off that it is still a mustang nor does it degrade the car. It just shows that the person driving it likes to exercise or ride on trails. Someone has to be immature to call someone "gay" etc on putting a bike rack on their mustang. I myself am a teenager and I have enough respect to honor everyone's choices.

i never called anyone gay. period. i said it was gay to put a bike rack on a muscle car.idid not say he was gay ,it was just a gay thing to do.i saw the pic with the with the hitch, that dont look to bad. and to the guy with the handi cap plate ,, THANK YOU FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY....
Old 09-28-2011, 07:40 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by scott4.6
i never called anyone gay. period. i said it was gay to put a bike rack on a muscle car.idid not say he was gay ,it was just a gay thing to do.i saw the pic with the with the hitch, that dont look to bad. and to the guy with the handi cap plate ,, THANK YOU FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY....
Ok, take for instance the guy you called a "idiot" for no apparent reason. People who use words like such have a very little vocabulary. Your reply was so hard to follow, all the stops and pauses. Little tip...each new sentence begins with a capital letter.

Quick Reply: Bike rack on a mustang?