Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cobra Terminator or 2012 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Brad192

WhY do you guys thinks better fore 5.0 auto or manual? Never thought that I'd look at an auto stang but I hear the auto is quicker
Old 10-04-2011, 07:46 PM
goodfun_gt
2nd Gear Member

I'm going to class, when I get back, there better not be an auto vs manual debate lol.

BTW AUTO FTW ...j/k

Auto is what I have, and I enjoy it.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Hahah figures the one time someone CALLS for a auto/manual debate no one shows up to debate hahah.

Look how much time has gone by since your post!
That means I get FULL authority over this debate.
Manual over the automatic.

Boom! Debate is ended under my authority and the manual wins!
LOL!
Old 10-04-2011, 10:48 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Hahah figures the one time someone CALLS for a auto/manual debate no one shows up to debate hahah.

Look how much time has gone by since your post!
That means I get FULL authority over this debate.
Manual over the automatic.

Boom! Debate is ended under my authority and the manual wins!
LOL!
darn i missed the deadline.
i would've voted for manual too.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:47 AM
Cobra Kai Dojo

i was sort of on the same boat, although i wasn't considering the 5.0. i test drove it and was "meh". it came down to the 03 cobra or a c5 z06. i liked both of them. but i ended up with the cobra due to condition, mileage, and mods (or lack thereof).

even the stock exhaust, while not that loud, it sounds great. now that i have an x-pipe and a catback... i can't even hear the blower whine.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:58 PM
OhEightGT
2nd Gear Member

Good choice on the 5.0. It'd be a tough choice for me personally if you knew the Termi was in PERFECT shape, babied, unmolested, etc. but with those things, it's almost impossible to find such for a good price, or at all, around here. I'd much rather have the 5.0 in that case, get the warranty, know it's brand new and you know it's a solid car, not beat to sh*t with mods on it that you cannot be sure were done right. I love the Termi's but I'd be gunshy about getting one in the condition they are most often found in. They are solid cars and I doubt anything would be wrong but it's just peace of mind knowing for certain the car you just dropped thousands of dollars on hasn't been beaten to death.

As for auto vs. manual, it just depends. For a "twisty" track car, I would always go with manual. More control and just a hell of a lot more fun. Drag strip, well, that comes down to tenths of a second, no turns, and the best manual driver will never shift as fast as a built/tuned automatic transmission. There's a reason SERIOUS road course cars are ALWAYS manuals, or at least manually shifted, and SERIOUS strip cars are ALWAYS automatics. But like everything, it comes down to taste. Some people love rowing through gears all day, some people go insane if they have to go through traffic with a manual.

Best of luck to you!
Old 10-05-2011, 01:36 PM
adidasUNT8
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by OhEightGT
Good choice on the 5.0. It'd be a tough choice for me personally if you knew the Termi was in PERFECT shape, babied, unmolested, etc. but with those things, it's almost impossible to find such for a good price, or at all, around here. I'd much rather have the 5.0 in that case, get the warranty, know it's brand new and you know it's a solid car, not beat to sh*t with mods on it that you cannot be sure were done right. I love the Termi's but I'd be gunshy about getting one in the condition they are most often found in. They are solid cars and I doubt anything would be wrong but it's just peace of mind knowing for certain the car you just dropped thousands of dollars on hasn't been beaten to death.

As for auto vs. manual, it just depends. For a "twisty" track car, I would always go with manual. More control and just a hell of a lot more fun. Drag strip, well, that comes down to tenths of a second, no turns, and the best manual driver will never shift as fast as a built/tuned automatic transmission. There's a reason SERIOUS road course cars are ALWAYS manuals, or at least manually shifted, and SERIOUS strip cars are ALWAYS automatics. But like everything, it comes down to taste. Some people love rowing through gears all day, some people go insane if they have to go through traffic with a manual.

Best of luck to you!
Even though you are from Oklahoma (Hook 'Em horns this weekend!!!), this was well-said!
Old 10-05-2011, 01:38 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

this is a really great question! Should've been a poll!

I'd go with the 2011 - refinement. It's like when I went from my HCI 95GT to my 03 Mach. The 95 was faster, but MAN was that Mach a lot of nice (and quick in it's own right with 4.10's and bolt-ons...still got spanked by my 95, tho)