Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody know about PlastiDip?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 01:39 PM
BKRmustangv6
1st Gear Member

How well would this work on an interior plastic part?
Old 10-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

Im going to do 2 projects the first one is my Steeda gas cover it has gotten faded so I'm going to hit it with the black plasti-dip, i'll post pictures of the before and after. Once done please let me know what you think of the before and after
Old 10-12-2011, 10:52 AM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Just went to Lowes and bought a can of Plasti Dip. Think I'm gonna paint some trim pieces on my BMW first before I test it on my Mustang.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

here are some pictures of 2 of my latest projects
My steeda gas cover was fading from my 07 mustang GT/CS

before

After

Old 10-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

my 2nd project
my wheels from my 05 Escalade ESV the wheels were peeling pretty bad so hit them up with the Plasti Dip

what do you think

Before

After

Old 10-13-2011, 06:43 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Looking good Javdog, I like it. Although that billet gas cover could use a cleaning lol.

I'm thinking about picking up a couple cans tonight, one to paint my 5.0 emblems with, and maybe the rear faux cap, and then another to paint cow spots onto my girlfriend's sister's car lol. For some reason she wants it to look like a cow, and I want to shock the hell out of her with some spots. What could be better on a 2002 tan dodge neon?
Old 10-13-2011, 09:50 PM
Crazyjoker77

Decided to do my stock 18" pony rims in plasti-dip for the winter. I like the flat black much more than the polished aluminum.

Old 10-13-2011, 10:02 PM
modru2004
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Looking good Javdog, I like it. Although that billet gas cover could use a cleaning lol.

I'm thinking about picking up a couple cans tonight, one to paint my 5.0 emblems with, and maybe the rear faux cap, and then another to paint cow spots onto my girlfriend's sister's car lol. For some reason she wants it to look like a cow, and I want to shock the hell out of her with some spots. What could be better on a 2002 tan dodge neon?
you better come back with pictures! otherwise im gonna request you be banned for leading me on.

on another note, has anyone done this while the wheels were still on the car? or is everyone pulling em off first.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:07 PM
goodfun_gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Crazyjoker77
Decided to do my stock 18" pony rims in plasti-dip for the winter. I like the flat black much more than the polished aluminum.

100x better! Wish those wheels came stock on the V6 I had. Mount them suckers on and post a pic!
Old 10-14-2011, 01:13 AM
Javdog
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by modru2004
you better come back with pictures! otherwise im gonna request you be banned for leading me on.

on another note, has anyone done this while the wheels were still on the car? or is everyone pulling em off first.
Funny you should ask that question, that is excatly how I did mine I used the blue painters tape, i cut a strip around 5-6" and slid it between the wheel and tire and continued to do that untill the tires was covered in tape, helpful hint MAKE sure that the tire is free of ANY armorall or any other kind of oil on tire otherwise the tape will NOT stick to the tires, then I coverd the rotors and calipers with some old rags and then I went to town on the wheels I used 2 cans for 4 22" wheels, the first coat is probably the most important because that will be like the undercoat I waited around 10-15 min and did a second coat i did a total of 4 coats. I think they came out pretty good considering this was my first time. you could say I was Plasti-dip Virgin, not anymore, hahaha!!!!!
hope this helps buddy

Quick Reply: Anybody know about PlastiDip?