Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford X plan?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 04:39 PM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by carlspeed
Anyone mind providing an xplan pin for my new purchase?
The X-Plan is bound to your name, social security, etc. if I remember correctly.

Just pay $50 to join Mustang Club of America and get X-Plan... on top of a year of Mustang magazines.. easy pie

I paid that $50 long time ago. Used it on my V6, then used the second one on my GT. Saved at least $5000 total for only paid $50
Old 12-26-2011, 07:04 PM
carlspeed
1st Gear Member

We can cancel that. I ended up getting a car today.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:28 PM
attz0r

Originally Posted by JimmyM
The X-Plan is bound to your name, social security, etc. if I remember correctly.

Just pay $50 to join Mustang Club of America and get X-Plan... on top of a year of Mustang magazines.. easy pie

I paid that $50 long time ago. Used it on my V6, then used the second one on my GT. Saved at least $5000 total for only paid $50
I have access to the x plan via my work, and it was only a 600$ discount on a 2012 gt base with 0 options. They offered it to me for 28800 with the x plan and 25200 with out it. must be better on lower trims and economy cars.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:54 PM
carlspeed
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by attz0r
I have access to the x plan via my work, and it was only a 600$ discount on a 2012 gt base with 0 options. They offered it to me for 28800 with the x plan and 25200 with out it. must be better on lower trims and economy cars.
This is the same thing for me, I paid about $200 less than the xplan price.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Cobrakev
3rd Gear Member

X plan price is 2% over dealer invoice of what ever car/truck you are looking at. It saved me almost 2000 grand when I ordered my 07 Loaded Gt. Now people who work for Ford, or their family members get A plan pricing. That is 1% over dealer invoice. You can use these plans even if you order your car/truck. Sometimes at the end of the year deal's, you can do alot better then using one of the plans. You just have to be willing to take what is left on the lot's.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:47 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I work in the lab at a Pharmaceutical Drug Company and I get the X Plan...hell, Dairy Queen employees get the X plan (true story, found this out when I worked for Ford selling vehicles)! Go talk to your dealer and see if you qualify.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:14 AM
Cardstang
1st Gear Member

I purchased my 2010 GT Premium through the X-Plan. My employer is a partner (how, I don't know...we don't make cars or parts). Easiest purchase ever. I told the dealer up front that I was eligible and the salesman told me the exact out-the-door price. There is a limit of $100 of document fees.

When I bought mine, I saved about $2,000 off MSRP plus the additional rebates available at the time. The more expensive the car, the more $ off MSRP you'll save. The prices do not include destination and delivery, which is about $800. All rebates and incentives apply except for the military and college grad. I have access to prices, but I don't want to do anything that may jeopardize my eligibility, so I won't post exact prices. For GTs, you can save anywhere from $1500 to $2500 off MSRP. Shelbys over $4K.

I did some research prior to buying and found that I probably could have walked away with a better deal, but I may not have been able to get the deal I wanted on the car I wanted at the time I wanted it. Obviously, there are better times to negotiate, and if you find one that's been on the lot longer or one with less popular options or colors, you can get a better deal. Or if you can play hardball you can probably pay less. Plus, there is no limit to the documentation fees if you negotiate, so the dealership may make up the difference in various fees. The X-plan limits those fees to $100.

Not all vehicles are eligible. The Raptor and Boss 302 are not eligible right now. The Shelby's are.

Holler if you have more questions.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:28 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Just join mustang club of america like suggested, pay the $50 and you get your pin number. I also have a bunch of shares in ford stock so I couldve dont it that way too, but MCA is the easiest way. All you need to show the dealer is your club card they send you in the mail, and you license. $50 to save $1500+ is a no brainer
Old 12-27-2011, 06:12 PM
mcate
2nd Gear Member

There are lot of ways to get X Plan. I'm a member of DAV (Disabled American Veterans) & get it. Home Depot employees do too. A & D Plans are better, but are a lot harder to get PINs for.

X saved my almost $3000 on my Mustang, & closer to $4000 on our F-150 Lariat.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Anybody know if joining the MCA still gets X plan? Got a friend looking to buy a Focus in a couple months and want to get him the X plan. I looked on MCA website but it didn't say anything about it.

Quick Reply: Ford X plan?