Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plasti Dip Kits!! Yes!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 08:48 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Default Plasti Dip Kits!! Yes!

Right next to the fuzzy dice and chain link license plate frames at your local Autozone.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:52 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

SWEET!! Visiting there on my way home! Lol.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:32 AM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

What are you guys mainly using this stuff for....not sure I understand....members painting their hoods, and stripes down the fenders? IMO the only thing I might ever consider using it for is maybe an undercoating application of some sort.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:56 AM
kput
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gothamems
What are you guys mainly using this stuff for....not sure I understand....members painting their hoods, and stripes down the fenders? IMO the only thing I might ever consider using it for is maybe an undercoating application of some sort.
Stripes, painting rims, decals, emblems, you can even paint your entire car....

Undercoating seems like it wouldn't really work..since it's a rubber based product the high heat would melt the plastidip..
Old 10-19-2011, 11:04 AM
Unleashedbeast
4th Gear Member

I personally see it as the new ricer mod, but that's just me. To each their own, but you will never see the stuff being sprayed on my GT500.

The only time I really liked it was on the Cobra emblems on a white or yellow Terminator. All others need not apply. Sorry if I offend those who have used Plasti Dip recently or in the past.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:31 AM
kput
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Unleashedbeast
I personally see it as the new ricer mod, but that's just me. To each their own, but you will never see the stuff being sprayed on my GT500.

The only time I really liked it was on the Cobra emblems on a white or yellow Terminator. All others need not apply. Sorry if I offend those who have used Plasti Dip recently or in the past.
I see it as a way to paint my winter wheels without the trouble of using actual paint, clearcoat, etc. Cheaper, better, easier.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:03 PM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

I can't imagine this stuff being very durable, especially people using it for Lemans style stripes. I saw the video of a guy who did it on his Camaro and the stuff rolls rolls up from the edges easily. A simple bump of your fingernail can damage the edge of the stripe very easily as well. To me it's just cheezy. Saw photos on this forum as well of a guy who painted his wheels with it and it took the finish on the wheels right off when he went to remove it. I guess I don't get this latest craze. But I have to admit, it's kind of like watching Springer....I do get a kick out of watching people using it on their cars lol.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:06 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

I think it can look good when used for accent painting and on certain wheels but some people are going overboard with it
Old 10-19-2011, 03:48 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

None of this will EVER touch my car. I am thinking of using it for the show poles.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

I vote complete ricer mod.

But it's entertaining seeing people so excited about it...like watching monkeys eat their poop.

Quick Reply: Plasti Dip Kits!! Yes!