Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Holster ideas for my mustang

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 04:11 PM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

So here is what I found.

NC law defines concealed carry as "on or about the person," and the courts have construed this to also mean weapons that are stored within easy access. Does a locked glovebox prevent "easy access?" This interpretation will be up to law enforcement, and ultimately the Judge.
So that should be good.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:25 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by yourmyboybh1026
I didn't think about the passenger seat map pouch, I may have to look into that. I kind of want it concealed a little more in case I leave it in there while I go in somewhere. I've been shooting for years, my gun that I conceal is a S&W M&P .45 compact. I would have loved a 1911, but the full size is too hard to conceal and its too expensive. I may just mount something I can attach my inside the waist band holster too.
I don't blame you wanting a 1911, that's personally one of my favorite hand guns.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:51 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

I'm going to have to read the fine print again, but I think you are right. I have my permit so I think it might be ok. I kind of like that idea because its easy and I'm not putting any holes in my interior.
Be great to store it, if you're planning on entering somewhere where it's not allowed. Not exactly something you can get at for immediate use though.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:29 PM
yourmyboybh1026
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09cs
I don't blame you wanting a 1911, that's personally one of my favorite hand guns.
That is what my entire family shoots and I grew up shooting but it was my Dads. Hell my Mom carries a full sized 1911 in her purse.

Originally Posted by wayne613
Be great to store it, if you're planning on entering somewhere where it's not allowed. Not exactly something you can get at for immediate use though.
Yeah, thats what I'd use it for, still need to figure out what works for me with something easily accessible
Old 10-27-2011, 06:03 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Yeah, thats what I'd use it for, still need to figure out what works for me with something easily accessible.
I've gotten 99% of the paperwork together for my CCDW in DE here (fingerprinting, then wait for return paperwork from them) left to go, so I was kinda hoping someone might know of a good under-seat mounting holster. This is assuming the judge actually approves it after all of this of course...

Mainly for storage (as there are quite a few places where I wouldn't be able to bring it even with the proper license), but also good in-case needed from the car, much like the one bolt solution.

Probably need to find one locally, as I don't see any that fit the bill. And I would want it to have the usual lock-in of the holsters designed for Glocks. Probably just have to make my own mount on the underside for the holster...meh.

Last edited by wayne613; 10-27-2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:15 PM
BoomTown96
2nd Gear Member

I have a cheap velcro holster that I stick on the side of my center console. It sits at about the middle of my right leg. If I leave my weapon in the car I just pull it off with the holster and put it under my seat. All you see at that point is a little square velcro patch. I don't have an S197 handy though to inspect for ideas.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:05 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

Maybe fabricating something to mount it up on the ceiling, near the map lights. Basically just mounting a cheaper holster up there. Hardly anyone would even know it was there unless they were in the car, super easy to access. OR, maybe above the visor(s). I have my radar detector 3M taped up on the map light cover and hard wired, w/ out tinted windows, you can't even tell it's there. A dark pistol in a black holster would be virtually invisible.
Old 10-28-2011, 12:24 AM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ditty
Maybe fabricating something to mount it up on the ceiling, near the map lights. Basically just mounting a cheaper holster up there.
I'm a bit worried about a break-in though. I'd like for it to be accessible, but [possibly] more easily passed over by a potential thief that's broken in. Under, and slightly recessed seems the only feasible way.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:36 AM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

I would have loved a 1911, but the full size is too hard to conceal and its too expensive. I may just mount something I can attach my inside the waist band holster too.
I have not looked at prices in awhile, but a Kimber stainless pro carry was not too bad a price when I got mine, and is light and very easy to pack.
Ok a quick Google shows about 850, but if you look you should be able to find cheaper, but well worth it even at that price. IMHO
Old 10-28-2011, 08:15 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ironh19
I hang mine from the rear view mirror.
nice!!

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
With a little ingenuity and time invested (and money) you could do a setup similar to James Bond's aston... (go to 0:45)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrobD...eature=related

Go to about 45 seconds into that, and the gun comes out of the dash, you could turn glove box into something similar with some craftsmanship =D

Just an idea, had to throw it out there =D
Since I use my glove box for absolutely nothing, this would be sweet...anyone know where to start?

Quick Reply: Holster ideas for my mustang