Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Something seems missing in my 2012 GT Premium

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 09:36 AM
flash gordon
2nd Gear Member

Default Something seems missing in my 2012 GT Premium

The other day while it was still hot, I used my sun screen to block out the heat from the windshield. While putting the screen on, I noticed a loose black wire from the roof connecting to the rear view mirror. I think the wire is for the rear view camera.

The thick loose wire looked really out of place for a car of this price. And you can see all the wire connections in the back of rear view mirror. My question is do all the cars with rear view camera come this way or there is something missing in my car? If you have rear view camera in your car, does it fit the description of my car???
Old 10-26-2011, 03:42 PM
flash gordon
2nd Gear Member

Can someone help out please. My dealer sales rep does not know, which is not surprising, and does not seem to be eager to find out for me, and he has not called me back yet. Thanks!
Old 10-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

It's probably for the auto-dimming rearview mirror which the Premiums have. Look at your window sticker. It will tell you IF your car should have a camera or not.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:58 PM
5.ohhhhh

yeah looking at your window sticker would be the best thing to do and he's right its either the rear view camera or for the auto dimming rear view mirror, and if your window sticker says rear view camera and you have it you can get the dealership you bought your car from in a lot of trouble for selling you a car like that...especially a Mustang
Old 10-27-2011, 01:36 AM
nmd55
3rd Gear Member

nothing is missing, ford just left that wire dangling there

i cleaned it up a little, i purchased a gentex wire cover:

looks cleaner now:
Old 10-27-2011, 07:00 AM
flash gordon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by nmd55
nothing is missing, ford just left that wire dangling there

i cleaned it up a little, i purchased a gentex wire cover:

looks cleaner now:
Thanks for the info. It's really a cheap looking thing for the option we paid for and for a 38K car! With the wire cover, it's looks very much more presentable. I will have to get the Gentex wire cover! Where did you buy it from?
Old 10-28-2011, 04:19 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by flash gordon
The other day while it was still hot, I used my sun screen to block out the heat from the windshield. While putting the screen on, I noticed a loose black wire from the roof connecting to the rear view mirror. I think the wire is for the rear view camera.
Hey flash gordon,

There is a wire for the rear-view camera, but if it's not connected, stop by the service department of your dealership so they can take a look. Let me know how it goes. Have a good weekend!

~Natasha
Old 11-01-2011, 01:17 PM
flash gordon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hey flash gordon,

There is a wire for the rear-view camera, but if it's not connected, stop by the service department of your dealership so they can take a look. Let me know how it goes. Have a good weekend!

~Natasha
The wire is connected to the mirror. However, the black wire is totally exposed and the you can see all the wire connections in the back of the mirror. It's rather cheap looking! My daily driver G35X covered the wire to the mirror.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

One of the cables is for the Sync mic, you'd think Ford could do a nicer job routing them.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:43 AM
ratcat

I like the V1 mount. Where did that come from? And where did you pick up power for it? Does the map light module just snap off? And what's the other thing above with volume control and headphone jack? Looks good. I want to mound my V1 just like that!

Quick Reply: Something seems missing in my 2012 GT Premium