Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's all about QUALITY - Ford slammed by Consumer Reports

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 05:32 PM
daltron
1st Gear Member

I never payed much attention to CR for car information, but I did lose total faith in them when they decided to play scare tactics with protein drinks and powders and the supposed high levels of metals found in them.

CR used fear to basically heavily distort the truth and make it sound like many major protein suppliers were poisoning their subscribers.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:35 PM
oldlugs
2nd Gear Member

I've always thought the same about getting later model year cars in a series. '08 and '09 were the most refined of the flat-a$$ S197 cars. Starting in '08, the 4.6 got the improved-plug heads, and '09 got the most bits standard that had previously been optional (ghetto interior lighting, and I think, HID headlights & satellite radio) as well as the '09 GT500s getting the improved flywheel/clutch parts. First-year of any car make is more likely to have issues that will need sorting.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:20 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Ford dropped the ball in quality on my car. Car only has 45k miles, 2006 I bought Brand new in 2005. Every little thing that everyone has seemed to experienced, I have experienced. From the faulty fuel pump, to the separator plate of the engine/trans, to the water leak on the passenger side and the interior trim falling off on the door panels, etc. Sorry, worst new car experience and car experience in general. I will not be looking to Ford when I purchase another vehicle.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:23 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Menace
Ford dropped the ball in quality on my car. Car only has 45k miles, 2006 I bought Brand new in 2005. Every little thing that everyone has seemed to experienced, I have experienced. From the faulty fuel pump, to the separator plate of the engine/trans, to the water leak on the passenger side and the interior trim falling off on the door panels, etc. Sorry, worst new car experience and car experience in general. I will not be looking to Ford when I purchase another vehicle.
Have fun if you decide to go with any other car company. They all have faults, I have heard worse stories about the camaro and the challenger.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

You aren't kidding. Might have to give up on buying new vehicles in general. Though my experience with Ford has left a bad taste. A company that wants to weasel out of every little thing. What I love the most is when they say they "can't duplicate the problem" and I'm sure a few others might have heard that one before. It's the biggest scam in the industry. An immediate excuse to wipe their hands clean.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:56 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang0672
Have fun if you decide to go with any other car company. They all have faults, I have heard worse stories about the camaro and the challenger.
You can say that again. Never even sat in a chally so I can't say anything about them, but I did drive quite a few camaros and my god, the stories I could tell... Some of you have probably heard them already too lol.

I like camaros too, one of my favorite in terms of aesthetic appeal, but quality was in the pooper for a 25k brand new car. I would have got one in a heart beat, but one can only take so many terrible first impressions...
Old 10-25-2011, 08:50 PM
Art161
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Menace
You aren't kidding. Might have to give up on buying new vehicles in general. Though my experience with Ford has left a bad taste. A company that wants to weasel out of every little thing. What I love the most is when they say they "can't duplicate the problem" and I'm sure a few others might have heard that one before. It's the biggest scam in the industry. An immediate excuse to wipe their hands clean.
Ya think? I'll probably post a thread about my experience when I get my car back from the service department at the dealership. The dealer couldn't duplicate the problem, so they contacted the factory Ford tech people for diagnostic advice. In essence, Ford told the dealership the car is okay and the fault is with the driver. The dealership is continuing in its quest to find the problem.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Buckshot Barry
3rd Gear Member

Wifey and I have been spoiled by Honda and Acura. I bought the Mustang for the styling, but here are major problems that should not exist on a 3rd year car.

Water leaking on the passenger side
Broken spark plugs on the 4.6
Thunking front suspension sound when going over bumps

Sure Ford finally got a handle on these items after almost 4 years, but you would have thought this would have been solved after 2 years of production.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:32 AM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

First of all, I dont put a lot of stock in CR.

But, the main place where Ford is taking the hits right now are:

1. The Powershift Dry Clutch "Automatic" in the small cars, and;
2. The Ford MyTouch system.

I have the Nav and Sync in my 2010 and in my wifes 2011 Flex. It is great in both. Glad I didnt end up with the MyTouch.....

Ford will get it worked out soon I am sure.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:09 AM
STANGmole
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roy_R

PS. Then again, I have an 08 and pretty much missed all the issues with our cars!
I traded my 2008 manual in for a 2010 auto because the transmission was a POS and Ford claimed it was normal operation. 2008 had problems too.

Quick Reply: It's all about QUALITY - Ford slammed by Consumer Reports