Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's all about QUALITY - Ford slammed by Consumer Reports

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Default It's all about QUALITY - Ford slammed by Consumer Reports

Based on what some of the members here are experiencing, it looks look Ford is taking a dump!!!!

We have often found that new or revamped models have more problems in their first year than in subsequent model years, said David Champion Consumer Reports’ head of auto testing.

“Ford’s problems illustrate why we recommend to our subscribers to hold off buying a first-year model,” he cautioned.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/for...me_latest_news
Old 10-25-2011, 03:04 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

To be honest, every car company is a villain in its own way. There's always those horror stories that emerge from every company. Either way though Ford should pull its **** together and fast if Chrysler and GM are steady or advancing while Ford is falling to the back of the pack.

Sad part is that many of the people I've met who do buy American, do so not because of the quality but just because they want to support American jobs.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I will never buy a dodge/chrysler/Jeep etc...they are just fugly and all their cars feel the same. That and they haven't had a "NEW" car developed since the challenger. It's all the same crap reworked, year-in and year-out. Kind of like Cheby. Anyways, Ford is trying to go to a Global platform (new fiesta class A car and Focus class B car). GM and Chrysler have been doing that for a few years so I would expect there to be some hiccups along the way for Ford.

Said it before, I will say it again, every new model year of car will have it's issues. Look at porsche in the report. Droped 25 places (near top to near dead last) because of a bad debut of their flagship "for the masses" model.

Not defending Ford but you have to look at the report objectively.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:20 PM
ResQman
2nd Gear Member

I don't think a one year ranking makes for a "Chicken little" scenario for Ford. They as well as the other two North American car manufacturers have all had their issues with first year vehicles. In the article, it speaks about the major problem being with the My Touch system and it's poor performance.

The writer forgets that Ford was the ONLY North American Car manufacturer who did NOT take a Government package from the U.S. Plus, they have been leading in Truck sales for many, many years.

If these numbers were year after year of poor performance, then yes, I think there would be cause for concern. For me, I am taking the report with a huge bucket of salt.

My $0.02
Old 10-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Tex-stang
2nd Gear Member

I've never trusted consumer reports on reviews of cars.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:35 PM
flash gordon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tex-stang
The survery is based 1.2 million owners feedback not CR review of cars. As a matter of fact, CR rated the 2011 Mustang GT highly!
Old 10-25-2011, 03:42 PM
Tex-stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by flash gordon
The survery is based 1.2 million owners feedback not CR review of cars. As a matter of fact, CR rated the 2011 Mustang GT highly!
Owners who subscribe to consumer reports, so the results are skewed to begin with.
I'm just agreeing with what was already said above.

Last edited by Tex-stang; 10-25-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:28 PM
trublu07

Originally Posted by Tex-stang
Ditto! Along with everything else they review!
Old 10-25-2011, 04:44 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

I just looked at the first 100 thread titles in the this section of the forum, and I would have to say the CR seems to have it right this time!!

PS. Then again, I have an 08 and pretty much missed all the issues with our cars!
Old 10-25-2011, 04:48 PM
JimC

Well, my 2006 has 186,800 miles on it and the only thing I had to have fixed was a blown head gasket, covered under warranty.

The car has had nitrous on it (75 shot for two drag race seasons) and at 90,000 miles I pulled the nitrous and put the Xcharger on the car. Still on the stock bottom and top end of the engine, still on the stock transmission. I even have the stock ball joints with no play in them.

Quick Reply: It's all about QUALITY - Ford slammed by Consumer Reports