Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problem with Katzkin...Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 05:16 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

I shall not be ordering anything from them for my interior.

Really sorry to hear about your experience, I hope you get all your issues resolved.

But, sincere thanks for posting and letting us know about it
Old 10-29-2011, 09:52 AM
nbd13
2nd Gear Member

Hey everyone,

Thanks for your comments.

I do not have any pictures, my interior guy took them and has them. I can see if I can get some next time I'm at his shop.

Well, here's the latest. He talked to someone, a female, that I guess was helpful, well more so than anyone else....

Get this, the female at the company said, "Yes, this has been an issue that we are aware of and the fit is a problem with the newer year mustang interiors"!!!!!!!! What the heck! Fix it or do not sell the product!

She said to email the pictures to this one person at Katzkin and I guess someone that deals with fit issues exclusively and he will see if he can help. Now the waiting begins. We'll see how long it takes for this guy to email him back.

It's sad that they have a guy dedicated to "fit issues". I mean if they know of the fit issues, why not fix the problem.

I don't get it last year Katzkin was the way to go for replacement interior, now a year later they are crap! What gives!

I really hope to get this rectified. I am almost thinking of just returning it and seeing if my interior guy can do something custom on his own. Which is what he usually does, he doesn't like dealing with pre-made products and would rather just do it himself from the get-go.

Now, we are stuck dealing with this. I'm sure it will take a while to resolve. I'll keep everyone posted. If anyone has had this problem, what did you do to fix it? Just return it?

Nick
Old 10-29-2011, 10:17 AM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Thanks for letting us know. I'm planning on switching my interior to black with red seats because I feel the camel interior doesn't go well with torch red. I thought about using Katzkin but after this I'll look for a pair of used red seats or black seats if I can't find red. Better used oem than badly fitted aftermarket.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:14 PM
magnido45
2nd Gear Member

Nick...how much did you pay for the seats and labor if you don't mind...Inquiring minds want to know
Old 10-29-2011, 07:33 PM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Is returning the interior for a full refund even an option?...or something you're considering, rather than going through this headache?

Trust me, it's not worth it, if it's already like this.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:02 PM
Roadwire

Nick, I represent Roadwire, the manufacturer of Mustang leather interiors for Roush, Shelby, and the official leather interior sponsor of West Coast Customs. We have every pattern for every Mustang since 1965 and we pioneered the aftermarket leather industry. We will be happy to help resolve your problem if you can tell me where you are located and which interior guy you are using. You can return the Katzkin kit for your money back and we'll make you a replacement kit for 1/2 the price (one time deal), because our CEO wants to prove to the world that our product is better!
Old 10-31-2011, 04:23 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Ive seen a friends Roadwire car yesterday, while setting our cars up at SEMA and it looked real nice.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:59 PM
nbd13
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys.

Roadwire, I will send you a PM. THANKS for the great offer.

I will keep everyone posted on how this turns out.

Nick
Old 11-09-2011, 12:42 PM
lesliere

Default I Can Help With Katzkin

Hello;

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced some problems with your Katzkin interior. Many of the responses I've seen on the post are completely wrong. We've only improved our quality and actually recently became the only aftermarket interior ever validated by Ford for the Mustang. We supply the best Mustang builders like Shelby and sell thousands of Mustang interiors. So, this issue is clearly an isolated case that I'd like to fix. Please contact me at your convenience and I'll be happy to help you rectify the situation once I understand where you're located so I can have one of my trained facilities fix the issue.

Ron Leslie
National Sales Manager
Katzkin Leather
ronl@katzkin.com
Direct Phone: 404-386-3609
Old 11-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by nbd13

Get this, the female at the company said, "Yes, this has been an issue that we are aware of and the fit is a problem with the newer year mustang interiors"
Originally Posted by lesliere
Hello;
So, this issue is clearly an isolated case that I'd like to fix. Please contact me at your convenience and I'll be happy to help you rectify the situation once I understand where you're located so I can have one of my trained facilities fix the issue.

Ron Leslie
National Sales Manager
Katzkin Leather
ronl@katzkin.com
Direct Phone: 404-386-3609
So is what the poster of this thread said untrue?
They said as you can see in the quote, that Katzkin said it was a known
issue in the newer model Mustangs.

If it is a known issue it CANNOT be an isolated incident.
One of the two people here seem to not be telling the truth.

Note: We had a set of Katzkins in our 06GT.
While the red did not match the color of the red in the rest of the factory interior, it was close enough and I must say the leather was great, so I am not accusing Katzkin at all here. I am just trying to get the story straight on this.

Quick Reply: Problem with Katzkin...Help