Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do i need alignment after adj phb?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 11:35 AM
13'GT Black
1st Gear Member

Default do i need alignment after adj phb?

Im installing a whiteline adj phb on a stock car just to correct my factory rear axle offset, also is lock tight neccessary?
Old 04-10-2014, 11:42 AM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

Don't need an alignment. However, a plumb-bob and a ruler will help you make sure you are centered in the rear. As far as Loctite, no idea. I didn't used in on my J&M adjustable. Had it on for about 6 months torqued down, hasn't moved.
Old 04-10-2014, 01:41 PM
13'GT Black
1st Gear Member

im doing the install but the passenger side panhard bar is not coming out
Old 04-10-2014, 02:26 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Loosen the bolt above it and it should drop right out. No need for an alignment afterwards, just center it yourself as mentioned and you're good.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:24 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

These guys are right^^^ No need for an alignment when adjusting the panhard bar. No need for loctite either. Just make sure the bolts are snugged up firmly!

Shane
Old 04-10-2014, 05:37 PM
13'GT Black
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ06GT
Loosen the bolt above it and it should drop right out. No need for an alignment afterwards, just center it yourself as mentioned and you're good.
I was watching bmr installation video and others never mention about lossening the brace bar mount. Anyways I finally got it out ealier by wacking it. Its weird the passenger side doesnt drop rather tight compared to the driver side when you take the bolt out. I had trouble putting it in and out, seems like the chassis frame mount gap is too narrow and had to bang it in.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:49 PM
13'GT Black
1st Gear Member

Just took it out for a drive and notice my car goes slightly to the left now.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:39 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

I used loctite on mine....just an added precaution that the jam nuts won't back off.

You shouldn't be having, or noticing any pulling to either side. Make sure that you are driving down a completely level road.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:44 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 13'GT Black
I was watching bmr installation video and others never mention about lossening the brace bar mount. Anyways I finally got it out ealier by wacking it. Its weird the passenger side doesnt drop rather tight compared to the driver side when you take the bolt out. I had trouble putting it in and out, seems like the chassis frame mount gap is too narrow and had to bang it in.
If you don't loosen it, the bolt for the PHB brace is still squeezing that bracket together a little, which is making it seem like the gap is too narrow. The axle-side bracket only has the PHB bolt, so when that's out there aren't any other fasteners squeezing that bracket together.

Did you measure your axle centering with the car weight fully on all four wheels? The LCAs are not quite parallel, so any axle offset at least theoretically affects your axle's thrust angle and will cause you to have to steer it a tiny bit to stay straight. If this is the case, and you did not touch any other rear suspension fasteners or components, your axle is probably a little too far to the right.

Norm
Old 04-11-2014, 11:53 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

takes time and patients to get it spot on aswell..makes a big difference though to the cars feel..took me many goes untill i had my wheels mm perfectly centred

Quick Reply: do i need alignment after adj phb?