Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SYNC Dropping Connection

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Gan6660
1st Gear Member

Default SYNC Dropping Connection

Does anyone have the problem of SYNC not connecting to their phone automatically? It used to work where I turned the car on and the phone connected in a few seconds now I have to wait a few minutes and then manually connect it.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:04 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Gan6660
Does anyone have the problem of SYNC not connecting to their phone automatically? It used to work where I turned the car on and the phone connected in a few seconds now I have to wait a few minutes and then manually connect it.
Hi Gan6660,

What is the make & model of your phone, along with the carrier? Does your Mustang have Navigation? I'll work with my In-Vehicle Technology team on some troubleshooting tips.

Talk to you soon!

~Natasha
Old 11-02-2011, 04:07 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

My sister had that happen on her '12 Explorer Limited. Had to remove the phone completely, remove the phone battery, then re-install everything and it works great. This was 2 weeks into ownership......1000 miles.......and done by her local dealer in Battle Creek.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

I'm having the same problem with my Samsung Infuse 4G, when I had my atrix it would connect perfectly and would even resume Pandora when I entered my car. I might try updating sync and see if that helps or solves the problem...I got spoiled using hands free calling and saying "blue tooth audio" to play Pandora through BT.
Old 11-02-2011, 04:31 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

I have read where some had issues after updating the newest sync.......not sure where I would go there.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:27 PM
Gan6660
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hi Gan6660,

What is the make & model of your phone, along with the carrier? Does your Mustang have Navigation? I'll work with my In-Vehicle Technology team on some troubleshooting tips.

Talk to you soon!

~Natasha
Hi,

I have an Apple iPhone 4 on AT&T. I really enjoyed sync because it just worked but now it works but only after a few minutes and then the input switches to USB every time and I have to manually change it back to Bluetooth. Now it won't connect on the first try and I have to switch it back to Bluetooth 2-3 times before it works.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:53 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Sounds like you all may have software issues. If you all have 1 of the 25 or s compatible phones for SYNC (find list on syncmyride.com) You may want to 1rst visit your cell provider to see if firmare on your phone is updated properly for SYNC, remove any bootleg files that may be corrupted and then see if there is a SYNC software update for your vehicle, the update is free if your vehicle is covered under the 3/36 BB warranty.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Gan6660
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SpartaPerformance
Sounds like you all may have software issues. If you all have 1 of the 25 or s compatible phones for SYNC (find list on syncmyride.com) You may want to 1rst visit your cell provider to see if firmare on your phone is updated properly for SYNC, remove any bootleg files that may be corrupted and then see if there is a SYNC software update for your vehicle, the update is free if your vehicle is covered under the 3/36 BB warranty.

My iPhone is compatible and all up to date. How would I find out if SYNC needs an update?
Old 11-03-2011, 01:06 AM
delusiondejavu
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gan6660
Happens every now and then. I have a HTC but I also suck with cell phones....
Old 11-03-2011, 06:36 AM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

My sync BT would auto connect to my Samsung Tab until I killed the battery one night leaving the key on too long. After that I had to connect from the Tab. I just deleted the device in sync and then added it as a new device. Works fine again.

Quick Reply: SYNC Dropping Connection