Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 2013 Mustang is officially here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 08:25 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by raimjob2@hotmail.com
This is how it went for me:
wow ford came out with a retro mustang; I kinda like it; looks like a classic mustang mmmmm.
Saw an orange 2005 mustang at a parking lot... this is the end; that car rocks; look how cool it is!... s@# look at my p@## camry ugh.
jan 2008
Maannn I wish I had a 2005 mustang; I don't like this crappy 98 camry anymore; its been a good car but, it is booooriiinnng.
jun 2008
Yes! my brand new 2008 mustang, I love it! love it! The best car of the world yeah! perfect!
july 2008
man those wheels look tiny; need to get some bullitt wheels; then my car would be perfect. (see the car went from perfect to almost perfect)
August 2008
Man I wis I had more power; lets look on the internet to see what I can do... hold on what? bullitt mustang? wow, bad *** I wish I had one (now the 2008 is a bit less perfect and slower)
pictures of the 2010 surface....
oh man... I love that front end; look at the interior it is way better than my 08; it doesn't have that cheap plastic interior oh maaaan. (now the car went from almost perfect to slow to not so cool compared with the new one)

Then Ford starts to inflict heavier blows to my 08....
I will refrain from looking at the 2010 mustang; I will not look for pictures of the new mustang...I will not @#$ ford stop sending me brochures about the new mustang, Stop IT!

later that mont:
.... wHAT A HECK; lest go to the dealer to see the 2010...
came back from the dealer... with my old 2008... actually my 08 is not that bad; my Stang looks shinier than the cars parked there(Due to millions of hours of polishing and waxing), if I get the new one I would have to pay more insurance and the payments would be higher...; maybe later....i'll get a gt instead.

a month latter:
Yesh! 2010 gt500 wheels on my 08 coupled with racing stripes! almost perfect! (note that the car went back to the almost perfect status; pony badges; stripes, and new wheels added like *200ihp!*) *ihp* stands for imaginary horse power.

new 5.0 and 3.7 engines came out...
oh man my 4.0 eats fuel and only has 210 hp noooo; this can't be; why!
(now the 08 car is dated by engine tech)

Mid 2011
oh no the BOSS is here ho@!#$ that is so bad @#ss I want one...
(now for real the 08 looks like a turtle against the new boss)

late 2011
You now what? screw Ford I'm keeping my 2008 until it is paid; I'll get a gt latter on 2014. (Note the resignation)

nov 2011
2013 first pictures appear online:
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! nooooooooo!!!!
I hate you ford! how come you came up with this; now all mustangs look like gt500 noooo!!!

Today 2011
Crisis; I don't know what to do! I like my car but.... man! 2011; 2012;2013...2014 oh no what should I do?
Pay off the 2008 and then get ya a new one, have one of each. Perfect solution.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:33 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
I do agree after looking again that the front end IMO isn't better but has gotten worse. Too many indents, unnecessary lighting areas, and the shelby grille surround kind of dwarfs the fog lights and makes the GT look much more like a V6 on a quick pass.

Still liking the rear end and all though, and the body matched rockers. It does add a nicer touch to the car.

All in all though I'm in love with my mustang as it is. There will always be a nicer car out there, just have to enjoy what you already have.
See...if you wanted the body matched rockers and all...look at my car...500$ and you got it instead of paying 40k for a new one. The rear end is pretty sweet other than the black plastic on the sides of the license plate.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:34 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

I do agree after looking again that the front end IMO isn't better but has gotten worse. Too many indents, unnecessary lighting areas, and the shelby grille surround kind of dwarfs the fog lights and makes the GT look much more like a V6 on a quick pass.

Still liking the rear end and all though, and the body matched rockers. It does add a nicer touch to the car.

All in all though I'm in love with my mustang as it is. There will always be a nicer car out there, just have to enjoy what you already have.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:35 PM
BlackonBlack06GT

Originally Posted by AzPete
The center portion changes from red to white LED's.
I figured it was something like that. And, in addition, badass.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:38 PM
STANGmole
2nd Gear Member

The more I look at it the more I hate the frontend. It reminds me of a Dodge charger. Yuck!!

I like the front end on the Shelby. Not so much on the GT/Boss.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:38 PM
MustangFTW

if you guys are looking for the perfect mustang you'll never find it. front ends are easy yo change, heck a majority of the people on this forum either have done it or have it on a list of to-do's. being a mustang means a huge aftermarket selection for everything that goes in, on, under, or over the car, you dont like it swap it out.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:47 PM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

Not too crazy about the front end, I like the '10 - '12 better. Don't care much for the taillights either, they look kinda aftermarketish if you know what I mean. Still love the hp numbers and the interior looks cool aswell, especially that LCD screen with the gauges. The technology is getting a very cool boost. Wonder how well the Manual mode in the auto tranny will work. Overall its a cool car but I'll stick with my 09 for the long haul... or find a 2012 that I like later on.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:48 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Right now there are the hip cars....people that purchase the 2013 mustangs will be wishing they waited one more year...it is a never ending cycle. Kind of like when you buy a computer you know a new model is coming out in 6months to a year. Im personally happy with my 210 HP v6...
Old 11-15-2011, 11:45 PM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...DBC145&first=0

Anyone besides me see the simiarity in the front?

I think it's awesome that the Shelby has the highest horsepower production engine on the planet. Also think many of the hp and suspension improvements are great.

Don't see the need for more electronic toys to distract drivers and one more thing to break. Not to mention jacking up the price on what once was an affordable car for the average Joe.

I'm glad most of you like the changes as it will keep Mustang alive for a bit longer. As far as looks go, they keep getting progressively worse to me and those tail lights scream rice. Just my opinion folks, no need to get the tar and feathers ready lol.

The big redesign for the 2015 should be interesting but no plans for getting rid of my 05.
I'm not that impressed yet.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:51 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Oh my lanta! I gotta get me a BOSS.

Quick Reply: The 2013 Mustang is officially here!