Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 2013 Mustang is officially here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 08:12 AM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
I dont see what not as far as fitment..they both seem to have the same body lines around the light and the light seems to be the exact same dimensions. question is will they plug in due to that new LED setup.
Not the exact same, if you look carefully the new light has been rounded out on top and bottom, while the 10-12 version has a relatively sharp angle that can be seen. It might be a close fit, but it won't be a perfect fit, that's for sure. The LED set up would also be a potential problem with plug and play.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:18 AM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

its hard to tell but I think they will fit..I think the black in the light is throwing off the actual dimensions of them making them seem different..but the trunk/decklid, and rear 3/4 panels didnt change and those come into the shape of the lights.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:30 AM
yankeehick5.0
1st Gear Member

This makes me want to sell my 2011 5.0, sell my condo and move into an apartment just so I can have this car. I think the new back end/tail-lights and billet-centered license plate is the nastiest, sexiest design I've ever seen. Great job FORD on this one. Does anyone know the 0-60 on 2013 Shelby yet?
Old 11-16-2011, 08:44 AM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05xrunner

its hard to tell but I think they will fit..I think the black in the light is throwing off the actual dimensions of them making them seem different..but the trunk/decklid, and rear 3/4 panels didnt change and those come into the shape of the lights.
I don't think they will fit without changing the bumper cover. I also think with the CDC rear panel the new setup is not a significant improvement if at all. The biggest issue was the flat lens and curved trunk end panel, with the new 2013 they curved the lamps and with the CDC panel they straightened the panel net result they both look fine.

You could easily buy a second CDC tail panel and cut it to fit around your license plate then you'd have some thing special.
Old 11-16-2011, 12:25 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

The more I think about this the more surprised I am that Ford spent this much effort/money on a one-year refresh.

I haven't been following too closely lately but the 2014 is still supposed to be a ground-up redo, correct?

And I'm hearing "no more retro"...what the heck's it going to look like, a Genesis?
Old 11-16-2011, 12:31 PM
stangs13
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by WeinerDog
The more I think about this the more surprised I am that Ford spent this much effort/money on a one-year refresh.

I haven't been following too closely lately but the 2014 is still supposed to be a ground-up redo, correct?

And I'm hearing "no more retro"...what the heck's it going to look like, a Genesis?

I guess it is so the "retro" style mustang goes out with a bang..which I think it does! I am curious about the new style as well.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:07 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by WeinerDog

Well it's really a 2 year refresh, since although people are all excited that the 2014 mustang is the new version, it isn't true. I remember reading from Ford that the new release is going to come out IN 2014, as did the first mustang, however it's going to be a 2015 model year.

So the 2013 and 2014 will likely be almost identical.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:13 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Well it's really a 2 year refresh,

So the 2013 and 2014 will likely be almost identical.
Ah, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks!
Old 11-16-2011, 01:49 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Hey hey!

I am LOVING the feedback on our new Mustang! I think it's pretty drool-worthy myself, and am stoked about Gotta Have It Green. Check out the article here: New Design, More Technology for Ford Mustang.

~Natasha
Old 11-16-2011, 02:05 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hey hey!

I am LOVING the feedback on our new Mustang! I think it's pretty drool-worthy myself, and am stoked about Gotta Have It Green. Check out the article here: New Design, More Technology for Ford Mustang.

~Natasha
When do we get to see this said "gotta have it green"?

Quick Reply: The 2013 Mustang is officially here!