Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 GT STANCE thread

Old 11-21-2011, 09:55 PM
flashpasta
1st Gear Member

Default 2010 GT STANCE thread

PICS, CONFIGURATION AND FEEDBACK THREAD FOR YOUR MAGIC 2010 GT STANCE!

I always laugh a little bit when I see the MF logo that says "unofficial" Mf seems to be preffered by most users. I figured I would make my membership more official by starting a thread.

Over the years I have owned a FD3, MKV GTi, and now my S197. I have always found forum users to be a great source for information about experiences and advice. The people on the rotary forums are a unique bunch. The amount of mental energy they pour into their cars is unrivaled, very technical bunch they are. I couldnt have survived without them. Although the FD3 is one of the most engaging, raw and exclusive cars I have ever owned...they require ALOT of attention. I actually sold the car to rx7 world, an fd specialty shop after a corner seal disapeared. I beleive no engine is as tunable as a boosted wankel, finicky, but if you get it right...its breathes fire! literally it does. And if one ever pulls up next to you at a stoplight with a smooth idle...please consider yourself warned.

Very few manufacturers get stance right, I guess they are too concerned of the perception of the typical homoglobulated car buyer. As with most anybody reading this, they leave something to be desired. Some of you have brought these desires to reality and some well...desire. I am dedicating this thread to 2010 GT's because they are different from both the 2009 & 2011 variations and I also happen to own one. I am pretty happy with the balance of the motor and chassis right out of the box so any modifications I make I hope to enhance what is already a good thing. As I will be using my own research, what you wonderful people decide to share with me and the consults from my local tuner, I hope to create a wonderful machine.

Bound by common interests I consider all my fellow MF users to be friends.

I am experiencing some wheel hop, and in the corners a little bit of chassis give and body roll. I wont be making this a dedicated drag star or auto crosser. I understand springs are one thing but control arms, panhards, struts, mounts, dropping more than 1" and camber plates play a huge role in behavior of the mustang. I consider sam strano, whom i greatly respect, to be an expert in mustang behavior. As he is a function over form type, I hope to blend a little of form and funtion. But most importantly STANCE!

Based on your modifications to suspension geometry, were you able to eliminate some of the immediate issues to handling and drivetrain dynamics? Please elaborate as to what suspension parts are installed and their affect.

THANK YOU!!!

As my car is stock here are some pics to which I draw my inspiration. see next post

Last edited by flashpasta; 11-21-2011 at 10:18 PM. Reason: just an edit
Old 11-21-2011, 09:57 PM
flashpasta
1st Gear Member

errrr

Last edited by flashpasta; 11-21-2011 at 10:15 PM. Reason: want to delete post
Old 11-21-2011, 09:58 PM
flashpasta
1st Gear Member

Old 11-21-2011, 10:04 PM
flashpasta
1st Gear Member

18" SVE wheels with eibach prokit (LOVE IT!!)

TSW nurb's steeda sports, koni yellows

vossen wheels, i think

???

love the stance, not sure about the wheels, but i do like them

Last edited by flashpasta; 11-21-2011 at 10:16 PM. Reason: just an edit
Old 11-21-2011, 10:07 PM
flashpasta
1st Gear Member

I purposefully left out the importance of offsets, believe me I dont want offset drama in this thread tends to lead to off topic bloobs. it is such a touchy subject to alot of posters lol
I have taken offsets into consideration
Old 11-21-2011, 10:08 PM
flashpasta
1st Gear Member

my car currently

Old 11-21-2011, 11:31 PM
flashpasta
1st Gear Member

quoting strano
"I'm always on these forums and shocks/struts are the first thing I recommend doing to make a car drive better, because they give you confidence and stability, and when they adjustable allow you to tune how the car reacts and rides to what you want, not what some engineer wanted. "
Old 11-22-2011, 07:42 AM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

well I see my car is in there..the black one infront of maceys sign.
I am running Steeda sport springs, 19x9.5 Drag DR37 rear and 19x8 Drag DR37 front with 275/40 rear and 245/45 front
Old 11-22-2011, 06:55 PM
flashpasta
1st Gear Member

useful and popular suspension thread

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f...matter-486829/
Old 11-22-2011, 09:07 PM
flashpasta
1st Gear Member

FRPP "P" on D Spec's

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 GT STANCE thread